Optimized bios

Optimized bios

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Optimized bios

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Dean
    Participant

If you havent done this yet, its definitely recommended to in flash wootever’s modified bios. Improves performance and gives you a nice intel boot logo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=65969104&postcount=4

Steve Hepple
    Participant

How do you flash the bios on a cube i9 please, ie can you do with software within windows 10 ?

many thanks.

Bonnom
    Participant

Thank you very much Dean!!

At first I had problems with the sound after installation but it resolved itself.
    I highly recommend this bios for who modded there CUBE i9.

How do you flash the bios on a cube i9 please, ie can you do with software within windows 10 ? many thanks.

The bios can be installed from windows. Just follow the link. The instructions are included.

Rob
    Participant

Can you tell me what differences you notice with this new Bios update?  Also since I’ve partitioned my tablet with windows/Remix will the bios update take affect on both OS’s?  Want to know as once Remix comes out of beta I will probably wipe windows completely and just use Remix.

thanks

Rob

Bonnom
    Participant

Can you tell me what differences you notice with this new Bios update? Also since I’ve partitioned my tablet with windows/Remix will the bios update take affect on both OS’s? Want to know as once Remix comes out of beta I will probably wipe windows completely and just use Remix. thanks Rob

Why do you use remix instead off windows? Just follow the link. It shows all the differences. A bios update doesnt change your dualboot.
    I have one problem with this bios. My hdmi out doesnt work anymore!

Rob
    Participant

I use Remix because windows is sh*t.  Only reason I bought the i9 is because all the android tablets use the rubbish x8300 and I wanted something a bit more powerful.  Just wondered why I would need to update the bios since my tab works great as it is and I don’t want to upset the smooth running of it if the update doesn’t bring anything useful so to speak.

Dean
    Participant

I use Remix because windows is sh*t. Only reason I bought the i9 is because all the android tablets use the rubbish x8300 and I wanted something a bit more powerful. Just wondered why I would need to update the bios since my tab works great as it is and I don’t want to upset the smooth running of it if the update doesn’t bring anything useful so to speak.

This shouldn’t effect the remix install at all, it is a modified bios and you can read the differences/enhancements on the link page.  After the bios loads, then your boot should load.

Did you get the sound working with remix?

Rob
    Participant

Do you know if this bios update will increase the clock speed of the cpu without me having to manually do after every boot?

No I haven’t managed to get the sound working, I have tried installing various drivers but nothing works and it is one of only 3 problems I really have now.  I wish I knew how long it was going to stay in Beta before a final stable build becomes available as I’m hoping for a fix for the few problems I do have.

Bonnom
    Participant

I use Remix because windows is sh*t. Only reason I bought the i9 is because all the android tablets use the rubbish x8300 and I wanted something a bit more powerful. Just wondered why I would need to update the bios since my tab works great as it is and I don’t want to upset the smooth running of it if the update doesn’t bring anything useful so to speak.

I have even worse experiences with android and most of the software I use isn’t available for android. Maybe I will give remix a try sometime.

My HDMI is working again!!

Peas
    Participant

Hello! Are you using Wootever’s latest BIOS to fix the HDMI? And as a last question if you don’t mind, is it a DisplayPort Alt Mode style adapter, or a DisplayLink with it’s own internal IC, rather than a pass through? Thank you!

I’d like to install the optimized BIOS, but I don’t want to lose Alt Mode functionality down the line as I’ve been looking at a hub, so any information you could help me with would be appreciated.

Dean
    Participant

I have even worse experiences with android and most of the software I use isn’t available for android. Maybe I will give remix a try sometime. My HDMI is working again!!

Have you downloaded the iwork 12 files yet. I think you should offer to be a test subject and install that file 🙂

Rob
    Participant

No I haven’t, where would I find them and how would I extract the audio file? Do you still have your i9?

Rob
    Participant

Well I’ve flashed the bios with the above file and all went well.  However apart from having an intel logo instead of Chinese writing and slightly slower benchmarks and boot time there is no discernable difference.  However, the problem I have got is that Remix OS now no longer works, when I try to boot to it I get the error message [‘0.351126] Failed to find cpu0 device node.  Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be as I’m mega pissed off right now, is there also a way of going back to the original bios if all else fails?

Thanks

Rob

Ran
    Participant

hey can anyone tell me how to change the boot logo of the bios i got the bin file but i have no clue how to flash it on the bios

thanks a head

Bart
    Participant

Hi Can someone please write it all again how to install the bios step by step as the ink is not working and can someone please tell me where can I find a bis version 2.7 as non of the link i found  was working. thanks 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar