Tbook 11 Keyboard & Micro SD (TF) problems

Tbook 11 Keyboard & Micro SD (TF) problems

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Tbook 11 Keyboard & Micro SD (TF) problems

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi,

I received my Tbook 11 last week and I’ve been trying to sort out a few problems with the supplier on aliexpress

I can’t get my keyboard (TL-T11) to work in either windows 10 or android.

It recognises the micro SD card in Android but not in windows.

Tried a few tricks I found on the internet to get them both to work.

I’ve even tried resetting windows and this made no difference.

I’ve downloaded the windows 10 driver zip file from this website but I can’t see any drivers that might help.

Any advice / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

CrazyCookie
    Participant

Hi,

the keyboard works fine for me, despite the fact that it is activating the tablet while lying flat on the top. However, I experience the very same problems with the SD-card reader. Works under Android, but not under Windows.

I’ve got the E5A6 version

O. C.
    Participant

same problem, my 128 sdhx is not working under windows. 16gb sdhc work perfect.

O. C.
    Participant

I have almost solved the problem.

It is a BIOS setting. (You can boot into bios with ESC when you starting you tablet)

You need to select Advanced and then System Component. There you have enable MS Custom SMbus Driver. You SDCard works fine in Windows.

Every time you start android, the bios settings reset and the SDCard dont work next Windows boot. Damm so Close! Anyone has an idea why the setting in the BIOS can not permanently save?

Morgoth81
    Participant

Same problem with my 128 GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC. And as O. C. discovered: A smaller card – in my case a 32 GB Transcend microSDHC – works perfectly fine in Windows. Not sure, if that’s the solution.

I also do not have any problems in Android with the 128 GB card, but I do in Windows.

The second part with the BIOS setting is a problem for me as I can’t enter the BIOS by pressing the ESC key (I tried every single second during startup. I’m using the TL-T11 keyboard/case.).

If we cannot figure out, how to permanently save that BIOS setting, is there a chance to narrow down, if the problem is based on the capacity or on the type (SDHC vs. SDXC) of the sd card? To start: Can anyone check, if 64 GB are working?

enrique
    Participant

samsung evo 64 gb works. Before a 128 gb had worked for a few days and then stopped working both Windows and android. the 128 gb works perfectly on my phone

CrazyCookie
    Participant

But wasn’t there a setting for write-protecting the BIOS. Last time I checked the BIOS it was…

Morgoth81
    Participant

@CrazyCookie

How exactly do you manage to get into the BIOS? Is it really via the ESC-Key? And when do you press it? I guess before the start menu appears?

CrazyCookie
    Participant

Well. Either you are going the Windows 10 way with the help of the advanced boot options or you connect an external keyboard. I recommend the external USB-keyboard as the builtin keyboard is not recognized by the BIOS, just the touch screen. Thus you’re not able to enter something, just enable/disable things.

BTW: I’m currently trying to translate the system configuration document. You can take a look into the work of progress:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DHJSl-Id-4spB10FJeJrQtnj2AMjfwkuZdBHZz6WDpU/edit?usp=sharing

iho.td2015
    Participant

I have the same problem, just bought Tbook11 (E5A6) and I got an 64 GB card but it’s not detected in windows (works in Android). I can enter the BIOS now (with usb keyboard and click delete when the tablet starts after the logo is shown), but I can’t find the MS Custom SMbus Driver option. Please advise any other solutions? Thanks.

CrazyCookie
    Participant

You have to choose “Windos 8.1” as OS Image to make the BIOS option visible.

However, this option will be written over by the bootloader where you select the operting system ro boot. This bootloader sets exactly this option (OS Image), which makes it hard to persist our preferred configuration.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Morgoth81
    Participant

Hm, so the capacity of the card is not in every case the problem:

enrique has a Samsung Evo 64 GB, that works with both operating systems. iho.td2015 also has a 64 GB card, that doesn’t work with Windows – could you specify, what card exactly you’re using? My both SanDisk Ultra SDXC 64 GB and 128 GB do not work with Windows either.

Does by chance anyone have a Samsung Evo with 64 or 128 GB and could check, if that card model is working in Windows? Perhaps with larger cards Samsung works and Sandisk or others don’t? Just trying to figure out, what the problem is, that some cards work and some don’t.

CrazyCookie
    Participant

I have such a 64GB Samsung EVO card not working with Windows. I also tested a Samsung 16GB without any luck.

iho.td2015
    Participant

mine is kingston 64 GB card.

O. C.
    Participant

any one contact teclast? i think a simple bios update can fix the problem

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar