Tbook 11 Keyboard & Micro SD (TF) problems

Tbook 11 Keyboard & Micro SD (TF) problems

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Tbook 11 Keyboard & Micro SD (TF) problems

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Morgoth81
    Participant

@O. C. No, not yet. I just checked the firmware-section on their homepage for my device id (E5A6) and then got an chinese text which – according to Google translator – means, that for this id no downloads could be found. So obviously at the moment there is no (new) firmware.

CrazyCookie
    Participant

Not sure it’s a BIOS problem, maybe more a problem with the UEFI settings of the BIOS. Thanks to Teclast, the BIOS is exposing all settings. Not like other manufacturers hiding everything.

However, I suspect the bootloader is overwriting the BIOS UEFI settings depending on what operating system you choose (Android or Windows). Maybe there is a way in fixing/patching this behaviour? But for that it needs to dive a bit into the depth of the provided system image for Android. As far as I can see all needed file are provided there.

Lasse
    Participant

I have a Sandisc 32GB SDHC that works in Android but not in Win. I have also tried a Kingston 64GB SDXC but its not working either in Android, nor in Win. Too bad.

CrazyCookie
    Participant

I’m currently running a 128GB class 10 card I ordered via Wish. That one was originally formated with FAT32 and didn’t work at all under Android. Windows had no problem with that card, but I reformated it with NTFS anyway.

Guess what, Android is now not only able to read it, but also to write onto it. Quiet odd, but I’m happy now.

CrazyCookie
    Participant

No. Not happy at all. After some reboots the card is not recognized at all. Android will not even boot if the card is still inserted.

However, I found this link here:

http://www.transformerforums.com/forum/asus-transformer-book-t100-general-discussions/41275-useful-interesting-bay-trail-bug-list-possible-wifi-sd-card-issues-known.html

Seems like a serious bug Intel built into the chip.

Bryan
    Participant

I have a Silicon Power 128gb class 10 U1 that works flawlessly in both. (T10 though) Sandisk are low quality unless you buy top of the line, same with Kingston I’d suppose.

Björn Schaffrath
    Participant

I have a Silicon Power 128gb class 10 U1 that works flawlessly in both. (T10 though) Sandisk are low quality unless you buy top of the line, same with Kingston I’d suppose.

sadly does not work for me on tbook 11.

still no solution for the sd card problem?

Fiillu
    Participant

Any progress with SD problem ?

Francesco
    Participant

(*) Samsung class 4 8GB works in Android, works in Windows

(*) Trascend class 4 16GB works in Android, works in Windows

(*) Trascend class 4 32GB works in Android, doesn’t work in Windows

(*) Kingston class 10 32GB works in Android, doesn’t work in Windows

(*) Generic 32 GB Class 10 works in android and Windows (only in Fat32)

PS: Teclast support is horrible….  no, wait… Teclast support doesn’t exist…  :/

Axis
    Participant

SD card issue is resolved. Its able to read in both OS any sd card i threw into the slot, even an obscure branded 128gb sd card.

A system firmware update is required.

Ensure 70% or above battery life and remove any usb devices/power cables. (There are some reports from other users of bricking the tablet during the process if these are not ensured)

Go to Windows device manager -> Firmware -> System firmware

Right click and select update drivers.

It will download the latest firmware. Reboot system when prompted.

Boot to Windows. During loading, the system will perform some bios/firmware updates.

When it prompts for ‘Press any key to reboot’, press any volume keys to reboot the tablet.

Wait for the system to reboot (takes a while) and select Windows again.

Go to device manager -> firmware-> System firmware. The version should now be 3.03.

SD card should now be be readable in both OS.

Jade Thaveekij
    Participant

When system is restarted, I confirmed that now can see/use the SD card as supposed to.

However, when going back to Device Manager, system firmware says 3.03 and keeps asking me to Restart to update.  Once doing that, it do the updates again.

I did that step twice and still Device Manager asking me to Restart to update.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

-= Jade =-
    Teclast TBOOK 11
    from Bangkok, Thailand

Axis
    Participant

I encountered this initially also. Remember at this step:

“When it prompts for ‘Press any key to reboot’, press any volume keys to reboot the tablet.

Wait for the system to reboot (takes a while) and select Windows again.”

When you pressed the volume key at this step to reboot the tablet, do NOT press on anything anymore. Leave the tablet alone to do its work. When it prompts for OS selection, select Windows.

This should resolve updating the tablet everytime you boot to Windows.

Jade Thaveekij
    Participant

Restarted three times doing the same thing and now the reminder to restart in Device Manager is gone.

Do not have extra TF Card to test, but at least the one inserted to the tablet now works.

THANKS.

-= Jade =-
    Teclast TBOOK 11
    from Bangkok, Thailand

CrazyCookie
    Participant

This firmware update hasn’t solved anything for me. I did that update some weeks ago because of a hint in the original chinese teclast forum.

Anyway, I cannot use my card reader anymore, because the spring inside somehow broke (while the sd-card still inserted, of course).

Sure it’s subject of the 1 years warranty. But as the shipping will cost me around 100$ I will probably life with that issue.

Morgoth81
    Participant

I had the same problem as Jade had: It took three times on my machine, too. After the first run the machine froze when showing the Teclast logo (after the firmware update). I shut it down after waiting for an hour or so by long holding the power button and restartet. I hit the restart button in the device manager showing the error (code 14). After the second time of flashing I realized that the 128 SD (=TF) card seems to work. Don’t know if that was already the case after the first flash. So I did the flash a third time to get rid of the “please-restart-code-14-thing”, just to be sure that I don’t run into troubles when working with the card. And indeed: The third time flashing removed the restart message in the device manager. Now everything seems to work fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password