X2Pro

X2Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

Ok, so I´ve opened mine now and found out I have a crack in one of my two layers of thermal pad. I guess I should replace them with one thicker instead. Can someone please link me to a pad that I can buy?

Hualalai
    Participant

The best thermal pads are Artic … no surprise there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYTU6Z6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Note that the pad comes in several thicknesses.  I use 0.5 mm and 1.5 mm,  doubling as needed.

I’ll do a video after my workload eases a bit.

Daniel
    Participant

The best thermal pads are Artic … no surprise there. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UYTU6Z6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00 Note that the pad comes in several thicknesses. I use 0.5 mm and 1.5 mm, doubling as needed. I’ll do a video after my workload eases a bit.

thanks alot.

So do I have to order both 0,5 and 1,5 mm? And if so, how will I know where to doubling them?

I really appreciate you taking you time with all the help!

Jakob Schmidt Rasmussen
    Participant

Thanks Ricardo and also Hualailai for these walkthrue, highly apprecited for an new X2/Win10 owner…

——–

I notice the weight stated at 851 grams and Keyboard at 526grams on the YT unboxing.. X2 unbox

Mine says 916 on tablet and 550grams on keyboard, so quite a difference

_a faulty weight or are there different varieties of the X2..

made an diskmark check on my X2 arrive yesterday, and used an version as close to the review.

On Diskmark x64 3.04 it comes in quite an bit slower then the stated in site-review and partically the 4K that is more then half of the stated values. (still on the win-version-10240 WIn10RTM that it arrived activated in)

program and older versions – Diskmark and also with an newer 5.01 but that seems to fare from the diskmark in values (attached) so instead relate to 3.0x X64 versions that was used, so jumped on the 3.0.4 x64.

anybody else tested there speed in there M2-64GB-SSD and perhaps checked the weight on there tablet & keyboard, would reckon down to an faulty scale.?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hualalai
    Participant

@Daniel.  Re: thermal pads.  You’ll know there’s too much thickness when the backplate doesn’t fit.  You don’t need to buy all three sizes.  The safest size to buy is 0.5, which you can layer.

Daniel
    Participant

@Daniel. Re: thermal pads. You’ll know there’s too much thickness when the backplate doesn’t fit. You don’t need to buy all three sizes. The safest size to buy is 0.5, which you can layer.

Great. I have now ordered some pads and a ME906E. Thanks again for your help

Hualalai
    Participant

@Daniel.  You’re welcome… and thanks to Chris for making the forum possible.

Daniel
    Participant

I was thinking. How does a wifi antenna work? I mean, if we could locate the wifi antenna and if it would be accessible, is it possible to solder some longer copper cable on it to increase the range?

Evil E.
    Participant

I was thinking. How does a wifi antenna work? I mean, if we could locate the wifi antenna and if it would be accessible, is it possible to solder some longer copper cable on it to increase the range?

If you want to increase the signal strength then you need to increase the wattage, not the antenna length. The antenna length is related to the signal frequency, IIRC.

Riccardo Majewski
    Participant

And, as far as I’ve seen, the wifi of this tablet need more speed, not power/range…

I’m looking towards a small external usb dongle … we have 2 usb… let’s just use one…

kunle
    Participant

And, as far as I’ve seen, the wifi of this tablet need more speed, not power/range… I’m looking towards a small external usb dongle … we have 2 usb… let’s just use one…

Someone recommended this  in an earlier post. Although I have bought it I cant tell how good it is because I have not got my tablet yet. Hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday.

Hualalai
    Participant

It was I who suggested the Aukey AC600 nano-dongle, and it works great in my X2 Pro.  Win 10 quickly found and installed the correct driver.  My wifi speed over the Aukey AC600 is the same as my wired Internet speed (FTTH).

The issues in trying to improve wifi (or any RF device) performance are: (1) antenna gain, (2) receiver sensitivity and selectivity, and (3) transmitter power… they are interrelated.  Antenna gain is the only variable an end user can change for an embedded wifi chip.  Generally, the more antenna surface, the higher the gain, which is OK for the receive chain, but could be worse for the transmit chain… the transmitter must be tuned to the antenna to avoid a high Standing Wave Ratio in the transmit chain (power doesn’t get radiated with high SWR, it remains “trapped” in the transmission line because of an impedance mismatch).

Daniel
    Participant

hmm, i guess it was a little more complicated than i thought

Jakob Schmidt Rasmussen
    Participant

Its the range that are shockingly poor, like defective-poor at least in mine sample and comparing it with other N grade wireless-items.

try to put your X2 right upside your router and make an measure(attached) and then some measure where you walk away and checking the feed-bandwich while your stepping back and meeting like an invisiable brickwall of antiwifi-materiel..

I get these wifi values from different regional servers, and comes in about little under 50mb for a down load and a little over 50mb for an up load.. thats pretty solid for N but the monent you just take a few steps back it drops massively, like from 50mb to 5mb in just an few meters, and in another room then the living-room where router stands ‘ it clocks 0.5mb to 1.5mb and often cant ewen measure..

ren
    Participant

I think you need not a heat gun to open it. It can be easily done with just plastic sharp stick. I opened mine more than 20 times and did not have any problems. 20 times due the heat mod,ssd,lte etc. Heat mod significantly improves perfomance so as -75mV adaptive shift at cpu and gpu. I could get 6796 in 3dmark06 and 676 at 3dmark11 fire strike.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm06/17843823

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/9933118

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 561 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar