X2Pro

X2Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    rich t
    Participant

Ouch on the price!! Why not just get a venue pro refurb on eBay??? They are $319 shipped.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Any update on your X2 Pro? Anxious to find out more about it, touch screen performance, ssd upgrade possibilities, etc.

Still hasn’t shipped yet… Aliexpress for you!

Ouch on the price!! Why not just get a venue pro refurb on eBay??? They are $319 shipped.

I would if I lived in the US. But for me it’s not 319. I have to pay 21% tax and global shipping on top, it works out to be around $400+ And then the keyboard is an extra $140-$150 all up.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Rahul
    Participant

I received mine on Saturday. I had ordered from the same seller but few days before you. I guess you are from Spain as I saw your country flag in the purchased/feedback for the same listing. 🙂

Got it with the keyboard and the pen. The pen is not an electromagnetic pen but a battery operated one. The keyboard dock is awesome but the cover catches a lot of dirt. The touch pen does not work properly when docked as I am guessing the mouse pointer overrides the pen pointer. Didn’t get to test it a lot as I wanted to install the English version of Windows 10.

The tablet was in Chinese version. I installed Windows 10 64 Bit Pro on it and found the drivers for everything except the Goodix GDX1001 touchpad and the Kionix sensor for 64 bit. Tried installed multiple drivers for both but none of them worked.

Not sure whom to contact at Teclast to get the correct drivers. I guess they should have the driver package as they are going to release an internal version soon.

Let me know if anyone of you would like to know more details about this. I will try to answer as much as possible. 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

@the-lord Yes that’s me, and still not shipped yet. The seller has delayed it twice claiming they are waiting for the international version. I will dump the drivers once I finally get hold of my one and that should fix the issue for you.

How do you find it? The keyboard does look good, but I saw in images its got a black fabric finish? Overall how do you find it? Is the screen fully laminated?

My seller told me it will ship today, if it doesn’t I’m going to cancel. Tired of his lies.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Lamont Johnson
    Participant

Nice that someone got theirs.  Still standing by to order.  Chris that has got to be frustrating but no worries, I’m still waiting for my chui Vi10 that is supposed to be tiding me over to arrive at my home in the US, let alone be forwarded on to me.  Frustrating to say the least.  I didn’t know there was a class of mail this slow.  Bad on me for not going DSL to my house.

The hilarious thing is all of this tablet hunt for me started with the cracking of the digitizer on my CM HP Touchpad.  I plan on fixing it but decided to finally replace it.  Now I have decided on two replacements.  Consumption = x98pro Productivity = X2Pro…..I think.

Rahul
    Participant

@the-lord Yes that’s me, and still not shipped yet. The seller has delayed it twice claiming they are waiting for the international version. I will dump the drivers once I finally get hold of my one and that should fix the issue for you. How do you find it? The keyboard does look good, but I saw in images its got a black fabric finish? Overall how do you find it? Is the screen fully laminated? My seller told me it will ship today, if it doesn’t I’m going to cancel. Tired of his lies.

The seller told me the same that he will need time to international version. I told him to ship the Chinese version as I was confident enough to reinstall it on my own as I did on my Cube i7 Stlyus (wife uses it now).

Did a mistake of not taking a driver backup from the Chinese version OS. For the other missing drivers, I used DriverPack Solution. DRP Solution found all the drivers for the tablet except the GDX touch and the kionix sensor. Tried multiple drivers for both but still wasn’t able to make it work on the tablet.

Overall impression is good. The tablet seems sturdy and as well built (as good as possible from a Chinese manufacturer). Docking to the keyboard is effortless and works very well. The touch pad click part is not that good.. I would recommend using touchpad gestures

The cover itself is very good. It is not cloth but kind of PU/Rubbery material. Nice feel but looks dirty up close always even after cleaning. This is due to the color of it, as it is not exactly black but slightly on the gray color side. The cover is magnetic at two place- one where it closes and sticks to the tablet back, and other at the back of the cover fold when in open docking position. Seems very stable when in an open position.

The bad parts which I already knew before purchasing- The back plate is not metal so I am not sure how much heat it can dissipate properly. The stylus is not electromagnetic.

I am waiting for a 256GB M.2 SSD to be delivered to me so I can replace it in the tablet. I have not opened it yet, but I will do heat spreader or heatsink mod for sure. Usually I replace the thick thermal tapes on the SOC/CPU with thin copper plates. This time around, I will have to use copper tapes as well on the backplate of the tablet to spread the heat properly. I still haven’t found a safe spot to start for opening the back cover.

I have not yet used the tablet fully at the software or OS end. Still trying to get the touch and sensor work so wont be able to comment on that. I have used it to test MS Office programs, playing videos, playing a game or two. The tablet works well without any hitch and heats up as all Core M processors do. It should be at par with the Cube i7 Stlyus as they use nearly the same specification, except the screen size and the touch pen. The BIG BIG plus for this tablet are the two full size USB 3.0 port.

I used a 128 GB microSD card in the tablet as well and it worked perfectly in it. I haven’t done any storage speed test for HDD or mSD on the tablet yet.

I will use it a bit more in detail after I replace the SSD with a larger capacity one and after I do a heat mod.

If anyone of you come across working touchpad and sensor drivers for the tablet, please let me know. 🙂

james w
    Participant

is it throttling without any mods on heatsink? i wondered what is the score on geekbench also.

Rahul
    Participant

I used the trial version of Geekbench to run a test/benchmark. I dont have a full version to run 64 bit test so the test is only for 32 bit instructions. I guess some throttling might have occurred.

It is accessible at the link below:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3533224

james w
    Participant

performance seems to be on par with the cube i7

james w
    Participant

to see if its throttling, you can try intel xtu, run graphic stress test and check the gpu clock speed if it drops.. cpu test to check cpu tnrottling also. you can also see the temperature when throttling happens. there is thermal, power and current throttling..

Rahul
    Participant

I did a short stress test of 2 minutes each for GPU and CPU. Recorded a video using the inbuilt Windows 10 Screen Recorder (win+G). The video is currently being processed by youtube. The link is below:

https://youtu.be/lhF7f6o_LX4

Let me know if anyone wants any other details. I will be glad to provide. 🙂

james w
    Participant

wow bro, teclast is really agressive in allowing up to 15w.. per core m5y10 max temp is 95C so i think its pretty scary to see the package temp at 90+ in your video… is the case burning hot?

Rahul
    Participant

The case is not that hot. Near to the heat of Cube i7 Stylus; maybe lesser, as the non metallic back plates insulates some heat (Not good). After some TDP settings it should drop down. All Core M tablets/CPU run hot, completely normal for the particular Chip. You can use the same tweaked TDP settings for Cube i7 Stlyus (available on XDA DEV site).

Chris G
    Keymaster

I used the trial version of Geekbench to run a test/benchmark. I dont have a full version to run 64 bit test so the test is only for 32 bit instructions. I guess some throttling might have occurred. It is accessible at the link below: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3533224

Good score, faster than my Onda V919 3G Core M for sure and about the same as my I7 Stylus was. Seen your video, stress test to 92 degrees is hot, but it seems Teclast let you get all the performance you can out of it before it’s limiting clocks to reduce the temps. My Venue 11 Pro got up to about 89 degrees so it’s not far of it. And it was super hot to the touch. Still it’s a little to close to it’s 95 degree limit. I’ll see what mine gets up to.

I’ll try and open mine up once reviewed as stock. Normally the best place to start is around the volume and power keys I find. I would imagine Teclast have a copper heat spreader already on the chipset. Maybe a new bit of high-quality thermal paste and some more copper might help it. The rear looks like aluminium of sorts, which could still help unless it has plastic behind it? As far as I can see it’s a plastic shell with a metal cover on it?

If it’s a keeper for me I would add a 256GB drive in it too. They are around $90 now which isn’t bad. Be a safe guess that it’s a M.2 2242 unit the SSD and maybe a BWIN or FORSEE brand. All the other brands have used BWIN and FORSEE local Shenzhen SSD companies.

Is the microsd card slot fast? Will it read or write over 23 mb/s? The big plus for me is the two USB 3.0 ports, a must really for a tablet to be kept in my eyes. I hate having to carry a USB 3 micro to full sized adapter around, which is why I sold the i7 Stylus in the end. It’s why I’m also eyeing up the promising Chuwi Hi10, but this X2 Pro will be twice as fast and it’s got a SSD of course which can be upgraded.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Rahul
    Participant

Totally agree on your USB port’s point of view. Funny thing is that they included a OTG cable along with the tablet. I don’t see any micro USB port on the tablet.

Regarding the SSD, I used a Kingspec 256GB SSD on the CUbe i7 Stylus. The performance of the SSD was great. Benchmark for that SSD attached. Good buy for the price (I got it on discount on Aliexpress 25th August Sale). Bought it from: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CHA-M2B7-M256-256GB-NGFF-M-2-SSD-Module-with-256MB-Cache-for-Ultrabook-Intel-platform/32364627961.html

Also, the current SSD is a Foresee 64 GB. I am guessing the same one which is in the Cube I7 Stylus.

I hope there is some metal on the back plate, however, I don’t feel any metallic surface on the back. I will open it as soon as my replacement SSD is here. Planning to make all mods in one opening session as I don’t want to keep opening it multiple times.

If you indeed get the English version, please upload a double driver backup of the drivers or using any other medium. I have had no luck getting the correct usable drivers for the touch screen and the sensor. I saw one video on youtube of a user who posted some unboxing and generic usage video. On a close look found that it was running the English version of Windows 10. The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPBpkwPtXkI

I will try to post a micro SD card benchmark. The current one is on the Cube i7 Stylus which is with my wife who is travelling overseas since yesterday. I am using a OnePlus phone so no micro SD card on it. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 561 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar