X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Mathias
    Participant

Hello together,

does anyone have made the same speed thest of the emmc like chris ? I am talking about these things >> http://techtablets.com/2015/11/teclast-x98-plus-benchmarks-speed-game-test-and-thermals/

When i have made a second after updating nov. 2015 update, test it has only the half of the write speed before.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My Samsung eMMC looked like this even with the initial Win10 version…what I dislike is the sequential writes on top; I expected double the speed

Samuel Hart
    Participant

Warning this fix may severely lower your read/write speeds of SD cards. However will enable all cards to work.

[code]

I’ve noticed more people having issues with SDXC cards so a more detailed guide on how I fixed this for you, if you could link this in the OP?

Step 1: download this driver and extract it to wherever you like:

http://www.driversfordownload.com/microsoft-drivers-for-download/sdbus.inf_amd64_509acf961ce0c619.zip-driver-file-download-57048

(also attached to post)

Step 2: disable Driver Signature feature of Windows- http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/ The guide says press F7, but it was just number 7 for me. I forget if I used the bluetooth keyboard, or if touchscreen works in that menu. But I definitely didn’t have to plugin my normal keyboard.

Step 3: Open Device Manager, this can be found in settings or just type Device Manager in the start menu.

Now you want to replace all 3 drivers, 1 at a time.

Click the second option.

Click browse and point to where you’ve extracted the driver to.

Click next, let it install.

Do the same for the other 2 SD Host Controllers – For the second two you can click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”, since you’ve already installed the driver. You will see this screen:

Restart your tablet and you should be able to use any microSD card formatted with whatever file system you care for.

Disclaimer: You can it seems damage microSD cards. I fragged a 32gb and 64gb card somehow while trying to get them working on the x98 plus. I’ve not fragged any since updating the drivers though. As always don’t blame me if you burn your house down etc.

[/code]

Attachments:
    Samuel Hart
    Participant

Also some extremely handy options/tips in this blog post: http://www.askvg.com/master-tutorial-to-make-windows-10-super-fast/

However you need to think before following some of the steps, speeding up your device is one thing. But you’ve just bought a new device, you want it to still be pretty and functional etc.

Mathias
    Participant

You are talking about the external sdhc cards but what can i do with my internel emmc samsung CWBD3R ?

Thx

Mathias

Samuel Hart
    Participant

Why what’s wrong with the emmc?

Mathias
    Participant

I have made a test with this programm, after some days i made the sam test both have 82 MB/s. Then i have installed the newest win 10 over microsoft update, but then the speed goes down to 42 MB/s instead of 82 MB/s

I does not know why ? Driver problem ?

BR

Mathias

Attachments:
    Mathias
    Participant

Now i have made a new one

Attachments:
    Samuel Hart
    Participant

I seem o get the same results Mathias. 🙁

Mathias
    Participant

He,

ok not so good, but what i does not realize that chris from techtables got a good value.

http://techtablets.com/2015/11/teclast-x98-plus-benchmarks-speed-game-test-and-thermals/

Has the better performance, but i have at the first time nearly the sam as chris.

BR

Mathias

Alexandra
    Participant

My external SD performance seems pretty bad, but I haven’t measured it yet. Will update if I do.

Wanted to mention that you can halve the default size of hiberfil.sys to regain around 750MB. Doing so will apparently disable hibernation (I’m not sure this version of Win10 Home even supports it) but retain the ability to speed up boot.

How to Specify Hiberfile Type as Full or Reduced in Windows 10

Vermillion
    Participant

Received my Dual boot from Geekbuying yesterday. So far I have reset windows and updated and upgraded windows. Reset android and installed the Teclast android  OTA. No major problems but needed to insert an sd card for the windows upgrade update as it complained about not enough space.

Anonymous
    Inactive

FYI, I spent two days trying to install the 1511 Win 10 update without success. Grinding away for hours then it would eventually come up with a message stating that there was insufficient disk space. Eventually did an external update using this walk through guide CLICK HERE Worked a treat.

Samuel Hart
    Participant

Aye sadly a very well known issue for a large variety of tablets,

I spent ages trying to update a Linx 7″ the other month. Although the lack of OTG Charging with a USB Drive at the same time makes it even more annoying on the x98 plus.

Mathias
    Participant

yes i think some tablets has got good performance mine has a descent emmc internal flash drive.

Br

Mathiad

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar