X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion X98 Plus Tricks/Tips

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Miguel Miranda
    Participant

hola otro poseedor de la x98plus, algun tutorial para actualizar las bios?? me da miedo jejejej saludos

Jarry Poter
    Participant

Hi everyone, here another owner of the X98 plus, waitning for arriving in three days time or so.

I would like to know if it is better a clean installation or updating W10. I have read opposite comments about it.

Regards.

Vermillion
    Participant

I will also be a new owner of this tablet and am also concerned that the factory reset of Windows 10 will fail, as it seems some people are reporting this has happened to them. I will leave out the SD card and try the factory reset on my duel boot x98 plus once it arrives and report back.

Chris G
    Keymaster

You shouldn’t need to factory reset it. If you want to be sure, make a Windows 10 backup image and if something goes wrong you can restore this. It’s save me a lot of hassle in the past.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

TAEL
    Participant

I didn’t perform reset or clean install on mine too. I did upgrade with November ISO, then removed created user by Banggood (or Teclast?) and finally I created a new user and linked my Outlook account to that, so my settings got synced to my device. Everything goes fine now and I didn’t noticed about any malware or backdoor. It saved me a lot of time and not struggling with drivers installation.

Binary Jay
    Participant

I got mine yesterday, BIOS was already the latest version.  I did all of the Windows updates first, backed up the Windows key, backed up drivers, then did a reset (you shouldn’t have to worry about drivers just doing a reset, keeping “nothing”) to clear out any lingering stuff I don’t know about on the system and start fresh with my own users etc), then more updates, disk cleanup to get the component stores and other trash cleared up, set up a few things and then macrium reflect image of about 13GB which I’ll keep on my NAS for a rainy day.  I have no idea how long the reset took I just left it going and went to bed and it was done when I woke up.

Now I’ll have a nice clean Windows image (hopefully) for restoration with Reflect should a dual boot ROM come out eventually I might try it but at the end of the day I think I’d rather just ration the small 64gb of storage better and keep it a Windows tablet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am of the same opinion about the dual boot Jay. This tablet is perfect as a Windows 10 portable, low cost, desktop replacement.

The past stock Teclast roms have not been the best as far as bloat goes. The X98 pro dual boot bios and the problems average users have with the convoluted host drivers etc, more trouble than it’s worth IMHO. Simple Uefi windows bootloader = Less problems

I tried to boot that Remix 2.0 several times. No go…Reset. I have only seen one mention of it working on cherry trail, and that was here, on a X98 plus with a second monitor on the HDMI jack. I can believe that, as I noticed that the thing seemed to boot, but the native screen does not work. Any testers??

Edit: I gave the previous Usb drive (latest official uefi release) that seemed to install, a try. No bios changes….it flags one or two errors but it boots up on the HDMI jack. The tablet screen is completely black. No WiFi  for me. Seems fairly smooth with a 2.4 mouse/keyboard. WiFi usb adapter worked right away when plugged into the hub.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If you want to change the size of touch keyboard so that it is not the half of the screen add below lines to a text and save as ‘resize.reg’ file. Or go to regedit.exe and create the folder scale and add values. The number 12 makes it smaller than original. 20 makes it even smaller.

Once you finish the registry edit restart the computer to see the changes

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Scaling]
    “MonitorSize”=”12”

Nikos
    Participant

Not sure if someone has already mentioned this but disabling animations makes it a better in terms of performance. I tried selecting “adjust for best performance” and the difference is noticeable.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Samuel Hart
    Participant

Why does this thread keep jumping up, says last post 8 minutes ago but last I see is on 25th Jan.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s because I am editing the first post and the forum software options Chris is running to combat spammers is flagging my edits. When Chris cancels the flagged post it shows as if there was a new post in the thread.

Max

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ordered my dual boot x98 Plus from Banggood yesterday, it was sent out today. It says 7-20 days postage, so I hope it’ll be here soon.

I actually wanted the single OS Win 10 version, but it seems to be out of stock and discontinued everywhere. Too bad… I already got a good Android tablet, and with the very limited space of 64 GB, it would be better not waste it on a second OS. Would it be possible to delete Android and expand the Widows partition?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ordered my dual boot x98 Plus from Banggood yesterday, it was sent out today. It says 7-20 days postage, so I hope it’ll be here soon. I actually wanted the single OS Win 10 version, but it seems to be out of stock and discontinued everywhere. Too bad… I already got a good Android tablet, and with the very limited space of 64 GB, it would be better not waste it on a second OS. Would it be possible to delete Android and expand the Widows partition?

In theory it should be possible to delete the partitions. My gut feeling says you may be able to flash the single boot iso also. But considering the issues people have (boot loop or bricking) I am not sure if it is worth taking the risk. These tablets are not reliable, notorious for very unusual problems during boot.

As for deleting partitions only method check Pro forums in this site. But from what I read in this forum, the partition structure is way complicated with many/varios sizes of MMC allocation for dual boot. GL and keep us posted of your progress if you decide to go for it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Perhaps I just keep it as it is.

How big is the android partition and how much free space left on Windows(when new)?

I’ve also seen some people managed to boot Linux on some cherry trail tablet. That of course would be the best case scenario. However. A lot of stuff doesn’t work. Touch, audio, WiFi, etc.

Philbo Baggins
    Participant

Hi guys. Sorry. I’m a complete noob and I just ordered a dual boot x98 plus from gearbest. I’ve been reading through all the posts and I’m a bit lost. How would I get into the bios settings to update it? And how do I use the tool to extract my windows key? What is a factory reset? Is there a tutorial on all this?

Sorry for all the questions guys. I just want my tablet to be running as smooth and efficiently as possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar