10 days with Chuwi hi 12 docking keyboard and stylus pen.

10 days with Chuwi hi 12 docking keyboard and stylus pen.

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum 10 days with Chuwi hi 12 docking keyboard and stylus pen.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter C. Andreasen Peter C. Andreasen 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Peter C. Andreasen
    Peter C. Andreasen
    Participant

I received my Chuwi hi12 about 10 days ago. Here are my experiences.

It took about 2 days to update Tablet Windows 10 to Danish (I am Danish J). And works ok, Its lag a  little when it is on the web. (Have therefore purchased a USB network driver, has not received it yet), but for general everyday use, it seems that it is fast enough. Have optimization the tablet, as techtablets describe, thanks for a good video.

The keyboard worked instantly, but is very loose,it is difficult to type quickly and fluently. Has bought a bluetooth mouse, the work flawlessly. It has helped to put a ruler under the keyboard (think I will build a platform of thin wood that supports the middle), but the worst is that it can’t be laid down to 180 degrees. So I can use shortkey while using pens to sign with.

Pen did not work, but I have separated the pen ad and assembled it again, now it seems that it works. It took about 2 days, to get it to work.

For software I use scrmble and ZDsoft screen record. I teach mathematics and I use it to manufacture instruction video, while I produce a PDF document. Here is my first attempt (it’s in Danish (scrmble starts after 37 sec.)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OafYgx5bNpU&t=269s ; I have attach the document that I have done. And as you can see works the pen. I used a USB microphone otherwise the pens is very noisy when it hits the screen.

When I’m done with the video, I mount the keyboard and it’s was easy to edit and put files on youtube and the students  server.

All in all, I am after 10 days very happy and hope the Chuwi will work for lomg time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Alessandro Pino
    Alessandro Pino
    Participant

Thanks for the review.

What issues did you have with the pen, how did you disassemble it and what did you change?

I’ve just seen your attachments and it seems your stylus, like mine, has a problem in skipping lines randomly (see 8s and 5s in your document).

Peter C. Andreasen
    Participant

sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation.

pen tip can be rotated off. I think that it will be enough to turn a few rounds and shake the pen a bit.

I think you’ve got to work a bit slower when writing electronic pen than when you write with a pencil (on paper).

When screen recorder while writing with the pen, the HI 12 Chuwi too weak. If I only use the stylus is working better, unfortunately, should I use it to write math videos.

I would like to hear from others who use it every day to write with, is there anyones pen that always works

Profile photo of Alessandro Pino
    Alessandro Pino
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I was able to do what you said, however I wanted to completely disassemble the pen in order to remove the buttons. In fact, the pen works perfectly on Android, where the OS does not register the pen’s buttons when they are pressed. Unfortunately, these buttons seem poorly engineered and they close randomly. Indeed, in Windows the pen draws lines with holes: those holes are the result of the buttons being pressed (willingly or unwillingly).

Peter C. Andreasen
    Participant

I have just use it for 5 hours, writing in drawboardPDF. I have <span lang=”en”>directed assignments; And if I work a little slow 🙂 it work and my handwriting is more pretty to :-).</span>

I will test this whit the button.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password