120gb, 13" , 8gb laptop, is there any?

120gb, 13" , 8gb laptop, is there any?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion 120gb, 13" , 8gb laptop, is there any?

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kalle
    Participant

So I have the Cube i7 stylus. Great device but the screen is a bit to small for me, the touchpad is horrible and it has to little ram for me these days. This got me started looking for chinese laptops instead as most laptops I can find in my country is more expensive and has worse specs then my 2 year old i7.

So I need a new laptop mostly for coding:

13-14″ screen

An “okay” touchpad and keyboard

8 or maybe 6gb ram.

At least 120gb ssd or the ability to replace the stock one.

performance isn’t a problem, any dual core or more will do just fine.

I can’t put down more then 500 US dollars.

I found the Jumper EZBOOK 3 PRO which seems to be a pretty solid build except the small non upgradable storage. Are there any alternatives to this notebook?

Chris G
    Keymaster

EZBook 3 Pro, but the one with SSD slot. I just got mine and it’s awesome so far apart from I wish it had Wireless AC and not N. Aliexpress has Jumper store as the M.2 SSD slot one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

anobee
    Participant

Hey Chris,

i’m glade to hear that you receive your unit (i’m still waiting for mine).  Unboxing video on the way ? ^^

Jumper aliexpress support told me that gearbest is selling the same product as their and that all silver unit are the same (and came with m2 slot) but gearbest support still says that they are selling the silver version without m2 slot. Very confusing.

-------------

Kalle
    Participant

Well that settles it then, will maybe order it soon then.

Kalle
    Participant

Today I got the Cube i7 with Core M 5Y10. Is it better or worse then N3450?

Chris G
    Keymaster

There is the Livefan S1 with 8GB RAM and 5Y10. The 5Y10 is still faster than the newer N3450’s in everything but it doesn’t handle H.265 and VP9 codecs natively like via the GPU liek the Apollo Lake.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Kalle
    Participant

Yes, I have seen that one. Seems quite nice except that it’s a 3 year old cpu. If only that was upgraded to a newer one, it would be a good buy. Now I’m looking at buying the Xiaomi Air 13 instead. Looks like a pretty solid build. A bit more then I want to pay though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar