1709 Fall Creators Update & Power button issue

1709 Fall Creators Update & Power button issue

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum 1709 Fall Creators Update & Power button issue

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jere
    Participant

Hi there!

After update, in windows, there is no way to turn display off from power button…

Button is working, tablet will start/power off ok, turning display on/off in android works fine.

And this is also missing:
    https://www.pcworld.com/article/3191456/windows/set-your-power-button-to-turn-off-all-your-pcs-displays-in-the-creators-update.html

(just checked, from my 3 computers, 2 has that option, all are running 1709)

Ideas?

Thanks!

Walter
    Participant

I have the same problem, and still not find any answer. The bug is present still Creators 1703, and wasn’t fix in Fall Creators 1709. All my attempt to fix it were unsuccessful. Still waiting for an answer. Thanx.

Jere
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, good to know that i’m not alone with this issue!

Walter
    Participant

No problem. I’ll keep you in touch if I find an anwer. If you could do the same way, it would be appreciated.

Walter
    Participant

Damn, still no solution? Nobody tried something new?

For myself, i did a fresh install of  Aniversary update 1607 with an original Microsoft Iso. It doesn’t fix the problem we are trying to fix here, but it fix a LOT of stability issues, like the tablet shutting down when in sleep mode which is more than really annoying. I tried installing Creators and Fall Creators  Iso, but we still have the issues with the tablet buttons. Same thing if we update to Creators or Fall Creators form Anniversary 1607.

I don’t know what is the problem. My only conclusion is that there’s a problem with a device driver. There’s some diffrence in the device manager if you compare Anniversary with Creators or Fall Creators. Especially a device name HID Button Over Interrupt, but not the only one missing, and maybe nothing to do with ours issues. I also tried to manually install a driver, but nothing is working. I tried many versions of the driver,  but totally impossible to install it. Maybe I had not the good version, or maybe more likely the driver is not compatible with Creators and Fall Creators.

So now, if you have something new to add to these new information, please feel free.

K-MUN
    Participant

i also have this problem, when i press power button to turn off display or sleep , than cannot wake up from sleep . but if i change to shut down is OK.  than i try other way if i uninstall intel graphic driver all working perfect.. i think is intel graphic driver problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar