$350-$400 Tablet for artist recommendation?

$350-$400 Tablet for artist recommendation?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion $350-$400 Tablet for artist recommendation?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zome
    Participant

Hi dudes and dudettes.

I’m an artist looking for a win tablet to draw with, I also lack a PC in general since they are all old and broken.

Give me your best recommendation, and if you have the actual product please post pictures of its stylus function.

What I mostly need :

1-a working stylus (any brand as long as it works)

2- Must be windows (but I love a dual OS a lot tho)

3- must be at least bigger than 10″

4- a full USB port

5- can run Photoshop up to 8 layers

Mike
    Participant

I’m on pretty much the same mission.

Chuwi Surbook is the closest I’ve found.

12″ screen,

windows only

2 fullsize USB

Active stylus.

I’ve seen videos showing the stylus performance. It’s not great… some lag on Photoshop.

If you can bare to lose a couple of “, the Cube mix plus is apparently smooth AF for running photoshop.

I’m not sure if I’d be happy with the screen size though.

Surbook: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chuwi-surbook-affordable-2-in-1-intel-pc-tablet–3#/

Cube mix: https://techtablets.com/2017/01/cube-mix-plus-unboxing-first-look-review/

I’m probably going to plump for the surbook.

Zome
    Participant

Exactly what I had in mind at first, I currently emailed chuwi info about which digitizer they going to use for the chuwi surbook * fingers crosses it isn’t goodix

But over the hi-13 at least the chuwi will come in quality….but  I srsly want a good CPU I haven’t lived with a good one in ages..I feel behind the times.

If only they made a core m5 or m7 I actually might pay extra bucks for it.

The cube mix is just too small!!!!  I hate 10″ so much.

But there are some from brands like HP on sale  but sadly its either m3 or synaptics 🙁

I tried to get a lenovo flex 5 which is a great bargain but a risktho,cuz its cheap for a reason.

But my coworker told me to buyyourself a cheap gaming laptop on the market (plenty) and buy any portable drawing device you can get without caring what it’s CPU is.

That’s an idea but….still 2 in 1s ??

Avi
    Participant

Mike, Zome, what was your final decision?

What do you think about the apollo lake for your needs? Is it capable?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Chuwi SurBook is rumored to have N-Trig stylus support or if not the Hi13 stylus which isn’t too bad.

But the best is the WACOM enabled tablets like the Cube Mix Plus and Cube i7 Book. They also have the more powerful Core M3, almost twice as fast as the N3450 in the Surbook.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Zome
    Participant

At first I ask my local PC store to order Cube i7 stylus, It did came to the country buuut the stupid uncultured security locked his products away cuz they don’t know what a mini laser printer is..so ygr cube is stuck and I’m not getting it.

I came to realize I need to catch up with some gaming I haven’t for years too. So I’m buying something more expensive. I first chased after lenovo yoga 720 open box deals on best buy or eBay..and they kept getting relisted before I get them.

Now i m skeptical about open box items since I can’t guarantee it will come in the right condition and I can’t take it back .

But tw sound of chuwi surbook having n-trig sounds good

John
    Participant

I’m a concept artist, and I’m also trying to look for something affordable, powerful, and precision when it comes to stylus pressure sensitivity.

So far either Cube i7 Stylus or Cube i7 Book catch my interest, but I’m still not convince on either of them.

I guess I have to wait for a Cube i9 Stylus… if they ever plan one.

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

This kind of affordable UGEE graphic tablets aren’t more appropriate for drawing?

https://actiftech.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar