8" Recommendation

8" Recommendation

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion 8" Recommendation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin
    Participant

Chris, what’s your recommendation for an 8 inch tablet?

As far as I can tell it pretty much comes down to a toss-up between the Chuwi Hi8, the Vi8 (with or without the hdmi out?) or the Cube iWork8 dual OS.

I’ve been leaning towards the cube iWork8 as it has the better battery and a usable front camera but the higher res screen of the hi8 is appealing too.

I’m just looking for something mainly to consume media ie – watching Netflix/Plex/Youtube, reading Magazines and Comics and also playing the occasional game in Android.
    Would the higher res screen on the hi8 be worth having or would it not make sense for that use case?

The dire cameras on the chuwis put me off a little as I would like to have the option to do skype/hangouts if I really needed to. I can’t envisage needing to output to a screen so not having the HDMI out isn’t a deal breaker for me.

I think 8″ is definitely the right size for me as I previously had a first gen nexus 7 and now have a surface pro 3 at work and something in between would be ideal.

Any input from anyone with any of these would be appreciated.

cheers

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi,

If your gaming more I would go for the Vi8 Ultimate, if more reading and netflix, youtube. The 1920 x 1200 screen is really nice and sharper. Sharper than an iPad Air 2’s screen even.

Games will be better on the 1280 cube iwork8 and vi8. Hard choice!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Devon Lewis
    Participant

The Vi8U and the Hi8 have the same specs but the Hi8 has a better screen correct? If you wanted the same exact performance you could just lower the resolution on the Hi8 making the gpu stress less just like the Vi8U. But I haven’t done research on this so I wouldn’t know for sure.

Martin
    Participant

Yeah I think the hi8 might just win me over with that screen. I went and played with a bunch of tablets in bestbuy today to get an idea of how the different resolutions feel and that higher res looks so much nicer.
    The games I like are more puzzlers and adventures or old school retro stuff so I think performance will be less of an issue for me.

If only it had 64gb!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar