Add features to Windows 8.1 and Upgrading to Windows 10 Questions

Add features to Windows 8.1 and Upgrading to Windows 10 Questions

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums i7 Core M / i7 Stylus Discussion Add features to Windows 8.1 and Upgrading to Windows 10 Questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stroud
    Participant

Hello,

I bought a windows 8.1 key and it worked while changing the product key in My computer the one below… but when I use the same key to install features, it says it doesnt work. Any way to fix this?

I downloaded the ISO for windows 10 but it doesnt accept the Windows 8.1 key I purchased. While it worked on changing the product key of the install, it didn’t work on the features, it also didn’t work on Windows 10… did the key I purchased isn’t also legit?

I tried upgrading to Windows 10 by doing a force update. While on the installation of Windows 10, there was a huge wall of text in Chinese. Is this OK? Do I press (A) for accept? I’m afraid of not knowing how to go forward with chinese so I canceled the installation to upgrade. I’m trying to make a clean install of windows 8.1 and then force update later to windows 10. Will I be able to make a clean install as an option while updating to windows 10 or will it just keep my files and the annoying chinese language? I really want a clean install.

I really fucking hate this. I am a PC user I use it on gaming but I didn’t have to worry about this on a mac. This is just horrible.

mrobi
    Participant

No Windows 8.1 key does not work with Windows 10. You need to go trough free Windows 10 upgrade process to get the license for Windows 10.

Get 8.1 media: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

Get 8.1 drivers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-8-rt/general/cube-i7-stylus-t3151563

Create a USB installation media matching key you bought, and copy drivers there also, boot tablet from USB. During installation destroy all partitions (I’d wipe that recovery partition because in Cubes case its probably useless) so that you have only “Unallocate Space”, don’t create any partitions just click next and go on with installation. Now you should have clean install Windows. Install drivers, install updates and you should be offered free Windows 10 upgrade.

If you had bought Surface you won’t be having these problems 😉

Sylvain
    Participant

If you had bought Surface you won’t be having these problems ?

If we had bought Surface we won’t be having money anymore 🙂

Chakkapan
    Participant

If you had bought Surface you won’t be having these problems ?

If we had bought Surface we won’t be having money anymore :)

I bought both of them and my wife’s killing me XD

Stroud
    Participant

Thanks… I finally got a working Windows 8.1 Pro ISO from Microsoft… don’t use the Windows Media Creation thing on Cube i7 because the Pro selection isn’t in English, it’s in friggin chinese!

What I did was I downloaded the 64bit Windows 8.1 Pro and mounted it using daemon tools, copied the contents on my USB, booted on BIOS (im not sure which hotkey i pressed but it’s like Esc, F2, Delete) Changed the boot order to be the USB first, then performed a clean install by formatting the partition. GOODBYE!!!

I have a windows 10 ISO but i dont think it will work anymore… I havent activated my 8.1 pro using the key I bought.

I don’t have a surface pro 3 but I am going to buy a Wacom Companion 2 256 gb i7 this October in NYC and I will just give away my upgraded 256g Cube i7 Stylus to my husband.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password