Advice on new Lapbook Pro?

Advice on new Lapbook Pro?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Advice on new Lapbook Pro?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Martin
    Participant

Banggood has the Lapbook pro 14″ 8/256gb for about $300 now. Pretty good deal right?

Screen is supposed to be ips laminated witch is not the case with bmax x14 etc…

My question is if the bios is unlocked? I want to disable the power limit to be able to live with the performance…

Quality? Been reading about swolen or dead batteries, computers that dont boot, broken screens etc. All from other brands though, is Chuwi better? Am I better off buying in local store (sweden, expensive).

Bought a Jumper ezbook 3 pro almost 3 years ago and have been very happy with it @ no power limit. Wife and kids have pretty much stolen it now so I might need a new one. =)

Oh! And thanks alot, of course, for any input…

WillemW
    Participant

I am happy with my purchase. The screen is very good (IPS). The keyboard is nice to type on (key travel). And it is fanless (silent).

The BIOS is unlocked (but you can brick the laptop). The power limit is up to 25 Watt. Default setting is 12 Watt.

The screen has no (air) gap, which is good. I have put a non-gloss film on mine. (I already own a mirror.)

Most of the defects you mention have also been reported for Chuwi devices.

The hinge didn’t seem structurally very strong, IIRC. Probably may not cause any issues in most cases.

The touchpad is a tiny bit loose, which I think is normal (within normal tolerances) and very easy to fix with some folded paper placed underneath the touchpad.

The purchase is a bit of a gamble. You are trading in local service and support for a lower price. If you are prepared to take the gamble to “loose” $300, I think it still is a pretty good deal. Higher than $350 (for any device), I might start looking for products with better local support.

But there are well known world-wide brands, locally available, which aren’t that more expensive (less than double the price). You may not get 8GB (a must in my opinion) and the screen may not be that good (TN panel with poor viewing angles. IPS is also a must for me now), but may offer higher performance if you need that (I don’t for this laptop).

WillemW
    Participant

That reminds me, on a recent thread I saw on Chuwi’s forum: the screws can easily fall out. You need to tighten them properly (maybe only after opening the case), with or without some “locking” glue.

Martin
    Participant

Yes! Big thanks for the info.

12w default power limit? Then maybe I dont need to disable it. Comparing to a n3450, 6w was very slow and it totally transformed on 15w…

Of course I’ll do cooling mods and what not.

Any other input? How many of you are holding out for new models…?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password