After installing ssd – no difference

After installing ssd – no difference

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series After installing ssd – no difference

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Iva
    Participant

Hi guys,

I love this blog, and brought ezbook because of Chris review, and also because the community is so big and helpful 😉

I have a last batch of ezbook with very speedy sandisc Emmc (almost 200 reading, don’t have screenshots now, but can update tomorrow)

And, yeah, with keyboard problems.

So I installed Transcend 2242 ssd, mts400, 128gb, with reading 500, and writing, 160. In Cristal disk mark I receive 480 reading, 170 writing (can upload screenshots tomorrow)

I installed fresh windows from creation tool, and then cloned boot loader and recovery partitions. Didn’t format Emmc, don’t want to take the risk of bricking the notebook.

I have 2 partitions on ssd, for Windows, and for files, installed ms office and bt and WiFi drivers, and didn’t do much more. Ah, and updated drivers with this Microsoft updating drivers tool, it didn’t update anything.

The problem is, I don’t feel difference in speed, between MMC and ssd. I mean, now using Windows on ssd, it’s not quicker, than it was. And, well – someone posted, that it boots in 2 seconds, for me it’s more like 30 seconds. And on MMC it was also 30 seconds, maybe 2 seconds longer.

When I power on the notebook, I have:

1.) 10 second of black screen, and blue diod is blinking as usual, that’s how I knew it’s turning on.

2.) Jumper logo – 2 second to click delete and go in bios

3.) Jumper logo and the wheel is turning.

4.) Boot loader asks me which windows I want to boot (I turned it on 5 seconds and then booting the one from ssd, but usually I just press quickly enter.)

5. Login screen, and then I give the pin, and have windows powered in 3 seconds. It was the same on Emmc actually, 3 seconds, and it’s on

Sooo, did I fuck up the installation? the drivers? Or is it just poor little ssd, and I shouldn’t expect much?

Thanks for reading 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar