[Air 13" i7] Battery not charging

[Air 13" i7] Battery not charging

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series [Air 13" i7] Battery not charging

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Skatespeare
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a charging problem with my Notebook Air 13″ i7. Yesterday it just stopped charging. The led is off and it was running on battery for quite a while. The battery is empty now and the computer doesn’t turn on anymore.

I’ve had battery issues before. Believe it or not but I’m on my third charger since I got it last January. The new chargers solved it both times.

Most trouble shoots I found on the Xiaomi forum. Here’s what I tried so far:

– different wall sockets
    – take off the back plate, reattach the battery cable
    – turning it on without battery cable connected,  but it doesn’t start. <b>could this indicate that the battery itself is OK, but the problem is somewhere between the charger and the battery? In which case replacing the battery probably wouldn’t help. </b>
    – I have dual boot system. Win 10 Pro and Ubuntu latest version. Both give the same problem: no charging led, not charging
    – I haven’t tried the Windows driver trick (where you remove the hardware from Device manager and reinstall it) because I can’t boot into Windows anymore. But since Ubuntu has it too I doubt the problem lies there.

Of course it’s possible that my charger broke again. I need to find a USB-C device to test it with. But, come on, this is my third charger in nine months….

I could replace the battery, but I doubt that’s the problem since it doesn’t boot without it either.

Does anybody have another idea? I know it’s still in warranty, but I can’t ship it back halfway across the world. I really need my computer.

felince
    Participant

My recommendation:

Take the partial refund and take it to a PC repair shop. Don’t send it back to China. They’ll probably say the laptop can’t be repaired and will not send it back to you (this happened to my with Gearbest).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar