Alternative V919 edition?

Alternative V919 edition?

TechTablets Forums Onda Forums Onda v919 Air CH / Air 3G Discussion Alternative V919 edition?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vicuzoho
    Participant

So I’ve seen Chris’ review and some others, but it seems to me that there is another tablet with the exact same name. I’ve seen it in many online shops and videos too.

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_242435.html?wid=3

It’s almost identical specifications wise, except that this version has a micro HDMI port, everything else seems the same. It shares some traits with some HTC phones design wise.

I intend to buy this model. The display is nice, hopefully not PWM controlled. Nothing else really interests me actually, I’m gonna use it mainly for browsing and reading. Only slight problem is that it’s got Android 4.4 and probably isn’t upgradable, but I’m very likely to wipe the storage and fresh install a Windows 10 anyway.

Any suggestions?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Can’t say. I just got my V919 Air CH today (Atom X5 Z8300) and it’s okay. The v919 Air is jsut a refresh of the V919 (bay Trail in both) Not a fan of the build and the gold color plus borders. Screen seems better in the X98 Plus. And the build is also better on the Teclast. That’s just my frist impressions.

My unboxing will be live in a few hours:

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

vicuzoho
    Participant

Awesome, man. Thanks!

Could you check if the screen’s backlight is PWM controlled or not (in other words: does it flicker)? You can do so by pointing a mobile phone’s camera at it and check for either vertical or horizontal lines. It’s only visible at low brightness, and at 100% it usually disappears. PWM is the cheapest backlight controlling circuit, so many manufacturers use it unfortunately. This topic came up a couple days ago with the Teclast X98 Plus: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/screen-flickering/

I’ve been literally watching V919 Air reviews for hours now looking for signs of flicker. I’ve found none so far, so it looks promising. I think it’s a very important aspect, as it directly affects some people’s health.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar