Android 4.4 (Graphical) Partition Manager

Android 4.4 (Graphical) Partition Manager

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Android 4.4 (Graphical) Partition Manager

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lazord00d 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Evil E.
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I would like to be able to manage/create/edit/delete partitions on the eMMC flash disk drive from within Android 4.4 on my tablet, preferably from within a graphical user environment like the ones that we know from many Windows disk/partition managers.

Can someone recommend me such a software product so that I can manage my “hard disk” and partition it to suit my needs ?

Lazord00d
    Participant

I believe that aParted is intended for that purpose, but if your system is Intel or x86 based/capable I recommend booting to gParted live iso and working from there instead (http://sourceforge.net/projects/gparted/files/gparted-live-stable/0.24.0-2/gparted-live-0.24.0-2-i586.iso/download?use_mirror=skylineservers). That way you can access all local partitions (including the one where your Android OS lives) with superuser permissions. It goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway: BE CAREFUL when working in any partition editor with root access. It’s easy to hose the entire configuration if you don’t pay attention.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password