Android 6.0 Marshmallow and rooting iWork 8 Air?

Android 6.0 Marshmallow and rooting iWork 8 Air?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion Android 6.0 Marshmallow and rooting iWork 8 Air?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hey guys

just ordered an iWork 8 Air from bang good they have a 20% off ATM got mine delivered to Australia for $125AUD.

anyway my question is can someone lead me in the right direction on instructions of upgrading the iWork 8 air to 6.0 marshmallow aswell as how to root, can’t seem to fin much info on both.

thanks

Konsta
    Participant
    Scott
    Participant

Thanks man! I came across your Roms the other day awesome work dude. Remix OS looks interesting for sure.

Is there anyway to build a marshmallow rom for iWork 8 air?

Konsta
    Participant

It would be possible to build e.g. CM13 but I haven’t considered it worth the effort. Lack of kernel source and having to use prebuilt Lollipop binary kernel brings its problems (couple of Marshmallow features won’t work on, SELinux needs to be disabled, etc). Likely even bigger problem is having to use prebuilt Lollipop binary drivers. You’d need to build compatibility layers (shims/wrappers) to be able to use some of those drivers on Marshmallow (and/or other stupid hacks). Having an official Marshmallow release for any Cherry Trail device would help with the binary driver situation at least (but could again potentially cause issues with the prebuilt Lollipop kernel).

Scott
    Participant

Would you recommend CM or Remix?

Konsta
    Participant

Would you recommend CM or Remix?

CyanogenMod is open source (and I’ve actually made some effort to make that happen) so no competition there. You might have your own reasons.

It’s easy to switch to between ROMs and see what you prefer. That’s what TWRP and nandroid backups are for.

LEONARDO N DANTAS
    Participant

I tried the latest android_x86_rc2 and the live version works with our tablet. It is android 8.

The issue is the touchscreen that is way off, but that is probably because the different hardware. wi fi has issues too.

If it is a driver missing that could be a nice update for the now old android 5.1.1

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password