Android doesn't boot and Windows disappeared

Android doesn't boot and Windows disappeared

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Android doesn't boot and Windows disappeared

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PC
    Participant

Hi, I need help please,

I bought a Chuwi Hi12 Dual Boot a few weeks ago, and I am having a few problems with it.
    I first noticed that even though windows 10 is working perfectly, Android does not boot. The screen freezes on the Chuwi logo. In order to repare that problem, I used help from the Chuwi forum, to install android as it should have been.
    When I tried to boot from my USB flash-drive, code appeared, and, following the instructions of the forum, once it was over, I powered off my tablet. When I powered it back on, I noticed that windows was not in the boot options anymore. Only android, which still does not work.
    I hope you will be able to help me,
    Thank you.
    Bill Christiansen
    Participant

What were the instructions that you followed? It seems it was the wrong advice. You could have fixed Android without touching Windows using the Itel Phone Flash tool and no erase-all json  file. You may need to reflash Android and Windows from the beginning now.

PC
    Participant

I used the links on this page : http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1-1160-1-1.html and I followed the instructions from DigitalMD (in the comments). At first I used the links for Android (1) including the flash-no-erase.json. I extracted them on my USB, but I didn’t work, so I tried again with the Bios link (4), and that’s when my windows disappeared.

I guess I did something wrong, I wasn’t able to compare the aspect of my USB with the picture in DigitalMD’s comments because I can not login to chuwi’s forum (never received the validation email).

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I would follow the tutorial here to re-flash Android using the Intel Phone Flash tool:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1299-1-1.html

After Android is back up and running you can download Windows files and reinstall Win 10 from usb.

PC
    Participant

Hi, I tried the tutorial, but stopped at step 9, because it seems that the intel tool platform doesn’t detect my Chuwi. I tried to flash but it didnot work.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

You can put the tablet in dnx mode.

Sorry the better link for official tutorial is here:

http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-1633-1-1.html

PC
    Participant

Ok, android flashed. The file on forum.chuwi.com/thread-1630-1-1.html does not contain any flash, but I used the one from the first tutorial.

Thank you. Now, I’m gonna try installing windows.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar