Android Root for Hi8?

Android Root for Hi8?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Android Root for Hi8?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

Has anyone managed to root the Hi8. If so how?

John
    Participant

OK I managed to root my Hi8 using Ishan’s procedure in the Vi10 forum:
    http://techtablets.com/forums/topic/chuwi-vi10-root-attempts/
    ADB version 1.3 & SuperSU v2.46 worked for me
    As a precaution, before using CWM to install the UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.Xx.zip file, I used CWM to do a backup image to an SD card.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Nice, confirmed it works to.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Barong
    Participant

+1 also confirmed.
    Now to try Windows 10…

Thomas
    Participant

Confirmed, but not without trouble…

First I was getting DEVICE STATUS & INFORMATION: UNKNOWN

Then I tried with Kingo root – no success.

And then I tried again with the “launcher.bat” from IntelAndroid-FBRL folder – SUCCESS!

I guess I installed some driver missing from the ADB …

Alvarex31
    Participant

+1 also confirmed, no problems with drivers
    Thank you from spain

Paschalis
    Participant

I keep getting device unknown. It seems that there is some problems with the drivers. I’ve tried several cables and ports. I have succesfully rooted other devices previously. Any suggestions for other drivers?
    PS: Does anyone else get system error when accessing Security in settings? I got the tablet yesterday and it was working fine but today I cannot access the menu. Also some problems with some few apps.

John
    Participant

Paschalis, sorry cant help with the Root problem but I think I can help with accessing the Settings Menu:

I had the same problem with the Settings Menu when I disabled the Lockscreen in Android – I could not get back into the Security Menu (I think this is a bug).  I found this work around to get back into the Security Menu:  Go to Settings – Under “Wireless & Networks” select “More…” – Select VPN. You will then be prompted to set a lock screen Password or PIN – Select OK. Next Choose whatever method you like “Pattern”, “PIN” or “Password” – make sure you remember what security Pattern/PIN or Password you enter . You can then exit the VPN menu and get back into the Security Menu using whatever Pattern/PIN/Password you set up. You can now select a different Security option (such as “Slide”) as long as it is NOT “NONE” otherwise you will have the same trouble getting back into the Security menu.

Paschalis
    Participant

Thanks @john…. That was what I had done too. I had disabled the lockscreen by accident…

Manos Pappas
    Participant

To root the Hi8, I used the Teclast X98 Toolbox from here: http://d-h.st/9RX

Just run the 1_Toolbox.bat script from an elevated command prompt (I’ve used Windows 10 x64), install the necessary drivers and use option ‘E’ to root.

Srecko
    Participant

I learned all the functions stops. Annex picture. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    firmninja mc
    Participant

make sure you’ve installed the adb drivers properly…
    this driver works fine..
    https://software.intel.com/en-us/android/articles/intel-usb-driver-for-android-devices

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password