Android x86 6.0 Issues on Cube i7 Book

Android x86 6.0 Issues on Cube i7 Book

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Android x86 6.0 Issues on Cube i7 Book

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Iahong Upoc
    Participant

Has anyone else tried installing, or live booting Android x86 on this machine? I recently tried, and have found a few bugs, that seem (maybe) easy to fix, but I’m not sure. So here’s what I’ve found so far…

• The Rotation is inverted. Meaning, that rotation works, but is always upside down.
    • The onscreen keyboard never seems to want to pop up, no matter if it’s docked into the keyboard, or not. And booting with/without the keyboard attached still doesn’t fix it.
    • It takes a longer press (almost double the milliseconds) before Android recognizes your touch presses.

Hopefully we can get these all working nicely, and be able to Dual Boot Windows/Android x86 on this wonderful machine. Let me know your experience trying out Android on it (even Remix OS).

Koray K
    Participant

I switched to Remix OS because of the inverted screen problem. I can say that it is considerably more user friendly. The keyboard issue is present in also Remix OS, but it can be solved by enabling the “Hardware- Show input method” option in the “Language & input / Current keyboard” settings menu.

There are two mainly two issues I still have with Remix OS:

It’s not possible to use the touch screen or the volume keys in the boot menu to navigate through the options. It’s annoying if you don’t own the keyboard or carry it around. A temporary solution I use is installing Grub2win and asking for a test boot to switch to Android rather than using Recovery menu of Windows.

Another issue is the Google Accounts and Play login, I get a message like “can’t connect to the service” when I try to. There’s an alternative app store, but of course logging in will be essential when I use Remix OS more.

Iahong Upoc
    Participant

Another issue is the Google Accounts and Play login, I get a message like “can’t connect to the service” when I try to. There’s an alternative app store, but of course logging in will be essential when I use Remix OS more.

That’s good to know. I haven’t been able to fully test Android x86 (since it’s upside down :D), but I’m pretty sure that I was able to install Google Play apps without any problems. I just Plastidiped my i7 Book, so it will be a day or two before I can full test it again :D.

Rafael
    Participant

How to get dual boot option on cube i7 book? I got it after installing remix os, but the next ime I turn on the computer it just comes to built-in  EFI Shell and I can’t start windows nor remix os. The only way was pressing the reset button and then I can use then boot manager  and use both OS, but just for a second time because the next time I turn on the computer I finally get permanently the EFI Shell and can’t start, and the reset button stops working. I get back everything to work with the original hard disc (I have two, the original with 64 gb and a KingSpec of 250 gb, in the second one I’m trying to use the dual boot win10 / remix os). I’m looking in the BIOS setup to find something that prevents the tablet of starting normally with both operative systems, but I haven’t find it, yet. Anyone was luckier than me who can help us to use dual boot on the cube i7 book (or the stylus, or the mix plus, which are almost the same tablet).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar