Anniversary Update Dual Boot

Anniversary Update Dual Boot

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iWork10 Ultimate Anniversary Update Dual Boot

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Héctor Gallego
    Participant

Will today’s update break dual boot? I’m not used of how this boot works so idk if it would set the Windows’ system partition as active and this would break the OS Selector or what.

Has anyone installed it yet? or any insider build before?

Thanks in advance

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

no? why should it…

ScutMonkey
    Participant

no? why should it…

Because Microsoft has a nasty habit of killing dual boot setups with updates.  I’m not familiar enough with how  dual boot is accomplished on this tablet to know if this is a real concern.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

*FailFish* not like this dual boot works… it’s a bit different than what you might know. the efi boot partitions are saved in the bios, it doesn’t matter if Windows overwrites the MBR. anyway. updated mine, worked of course like I said. but the UA is a mess. found at least 20 bugs already in 20 minutes. killed most of my apps, lots of apps not working anymore. no extensions working in edge. and so on.

perso
    Participant

20 hours with the anniversary update
    dual boot without problem with iwork 10 – i15TD- 4GB / 64GB
    my few apps still work

J
    Participant

I’ve disabled windows updates (which was actually not easy to do effectively) due to reports of windows failing to boot after updates.. maybe that happened due to other issues though

George Salt
    Participant

Update keeps failing for me with,
    <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607 – Error 0x80d02005</p>

Luís Santos
    Participant

What if I wanted to remove Windows altogether? Is there a way?

George Salt
    Participant

Solved the update error, repeated restarts cleared other updates that needed to be implemented first.

Héctor Gallego
    Participant

Thanks! I didn’t know how this works, i thought like you said that will overwrite the mbr and mess it all.

Althought this bugs, i will update anyway!

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

It’s working alright so far, of course lots of annoying little bugs, battery drain is also worse, Contana of course already 🙂 I just had troubles on one device of my 4 PCs with all apps broken/icons missing, had to remove all of them and reinstall them via the store.

Hans Sprungfeld
    Participant

I would maybe wait with the update. There are more and more reports, and I also noticed that there is something weird going on, that the AU updates might delete or alter, delete or destroy, under unknown circumstances, other partitions:

https://linux.slashdot.org/story/16/08/03/1614223/windows-10-anniversary-update-borks-dual-boot-partitions

Some Users Say Windows 10 Anniversary Update Borked Their Partitions

http://windowsreport.com/partition-disappears-windows-10-anniversary-update/

This goes along with what I noticed on a few devices of mine but also on my iwork10:

• the sd card was damaged after the AU, all folders were gone, lots of entries in LOST & FOUND folder, had to reformat it, all data lost
    • there is a new partition at the end of c:, it seems the AU update resized the last partition to form a new 450mb sized recovery partition => BAD! it could lead to total damage of the disk / android partitions, maybe I was just lucky it went through. also no hint or warning by Windows about this during the setup.
    J
    Participant

thanks for the heads up.. sounds pretty awful!

Bugi
    Participant

I’ve disabled windows updates (which was actually not easy to do effectively) due to reports of windows failing to boot after updates.. maybe that happened due to other issues though

Can you give us a link, or something, about how you disable windows update entirely ?

Thank you !

ALAN
    Participant

Can anyone help with ROM for i15TC?

The anniversary update was going well until reboot then just got black screen.

I’ve tried downloading many times from Cube site but furthest i got was 5.4gb.

Many thanks

Alan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar