Answers – What happened to my Remix OS II roms for Teclast/Chuwi/Onda tablets

Answers – What happened to my Remix OS II roms for Teclast/Chuwi/Onda tablets

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion Answers – What happened to my Remix OS II roms for Teclast/Chuwi/Onda tablets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fame
    Participant

Dear users,

It’s been years since I last came here. Truth be told I had no intention of ever using these forums again however, I have seen a lot of you continue having issues with the rooms for your devices stock or otherwise. Long story short, the moderator deleted the thread without explantation. I messaged Chris multiple times to no response, the build was fully rooted and everything plus more working — the best part was, you could update.

Sadly the google account I uploaded the roms to was expired and I have no copies (for now), it isn’t a big deal as it was fairly easy to port in the first place. Chris or whoever was moderating these forums never provided explanation or resolution and my patience evaporated. I did publish new threads but only I could view so some kind of lock was placed on my account. Those who still need custom roms let me know and I’ll decide if its viable based on the number of requests.

— Fame

Rodney Brown
    Participant

Good morning FAME, welcome back to the Forum.    Your REMIX OS11 roms post caught my attention.  I have a functional Teclast X10HD 3G tablet with a corrupt Android O/S but it was running Android kit kat 4 point something or other.   Did your ROM versions apply to this series of Tablet successfully ?   I have not reformatted or re partitioned , reflashed an Android device before.     I have 3 different android KitKat 4 devices and frankly I found that version quite unappealing but warnings of upgrading failures put me off trying.   It was a dual boot Windows/Android device but whatever crashed it, I believe damaged the O/S partition so I will probably have to begin from scratch.

Regards from Rod

Fame
    Participant

Sorry for the late response yes, albeit the boot.img has to be swapped/modded to load the necessary kexts. These Chinese tablets are all the same, the companies selling aren’t manufacturers, they are distributors sourcing products from the same manufacturer to repackage/rebrand.

The X16 shipped with Remix OS II and all ports originated from that. Your X10’s (or any 3G tablet) rom was finicky due to unknown modems being used, but you could get Remix OS II to work but not necessarily 3g support. Either way ou would have been upgrading to 5.1 if you’d applied it and my advice; run these devices solely on Android as Windows 10 64bit consumes 22 GB before updates , the Ram on these machines isn’t enough to support 64bit OSes

Jide really put effort into optimizing their Remix builds, they were superior to all the stock Chinese roms especially Play Store compatibility with phone apps. Upgrade issues are reversible, I was always able to go back and I did some completely unnecessary things during testing. ABD support was built directly into the chipsets so there is no way to permanently corrupt a Cherry Trail device with a bad flash unless you damage your USB port.

I know some people thought they bricked their devices but it simply couldn’t be the case. Your issue sounds like the bios setting as Cherry Trail devices had a habbit of defaulting to an incorrect setting on these dual boot tablets once an OS was corrupted. That is where I would start before completely  re-flashing.

Daly Eric
    Participant

The ROMS PS, PS2 games you can download now have a lot of different websites for you to choose from. I usually download ROMS games at the site https://techtoroms.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar