Looking For Any Recommended Accessories For BMAX Y11?

Looking For Any Recommended Accessories For BMAX Y11?

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion Looking For Any Recommended Accessories For BMAX Y11?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Managed to get the BMAX Y11 for a very good offer from banggood recently and now I’m looking to buy some accessories.

So I wanted to ask for those who have the bmax y11 what did you buy to go with it?

Any advice / recommendations would be greatly appreciated! 🙂

Looking for

• Laptop Bag / Cover *BOUGHT* Gearmax/WIWU Newest Laptop Shoulder Bag
    • PD Charger (Usb Type C) *BOUGHT* Baseus GAN 65W USB C Charger
    • USB Type C Hub
    • Powerbank

and anything else

Many Thanks

pierro78
    Participant

I ve just ordered one

I am looking for some kind of “corner” protections that could be glued (or “scotched”) to the corners, especially to protect the screen as I understand it’s made of (breakable) glass (and not less breakable plastic)

(I’ve just had a bad experience with another laptop with a glass screen : my bag fell with it inside and the top right screen corner broke … I must say I also forgot to put it in its protective pouch inside my bag …)

PS :

a solution might just be to cut the corners of a phone protective case to appropriate dimensions and glue/”scotch” them to the corners …

pierro78
    Participant

bmax y11 screen is slightly higher than the asus flip c100 screen and very slightly less high than the acer chrometab 10

bmax y11 screen is slightly higher than the asus flip c100 screen (16/10 10 inch) and very slightly less high than the acer chrometab 10 (4/3 9.7 inch)
    -> I wish they removed the big bezel at the bottom, it would look less “toyish” 😉 … they should make it 16/10 or maybe even 3/2 ! … anyway overall the bezels are not too thick and I already get used to it 🙂

pierro78
    Participant

about powerbanks it seems that my PD powerbanks work fine :

. zmi ambi 10000

. kuuala 20000mA QC PD 3.0 (cheap from AliExpress, interesting with its screen …)

this non PD PowerBank charges slower :

. RavPower RP-PB19 (only charging at about 4W according to BatteryBar whereas the others charge at about 11W while the Y11 is busy upgrading to Windows 10 2004)

pierro78
    Participant

(I’ve just had a bad experience with another laptop with a glass screen : my bag fell with it inside and the top right screen corner broke … I must say I also forgot to put it in its protective pouch inside my bag …)

this time I will put the bmax y11 in its protective pouch and the protective pouch in an amazon enveloppe :

protection for bmax y11

(I have taped some foam to the edges/corners of the enveloppe to protect the corners of the bmax y11 better …)

Scott
    Participant

So far I’ve got:

Gearmax/WIWU Newest Laptop Shoulder Bag, Baseus GAN 65W USB C Charger and stylus for Bmax y11

Also got small accessories like usb c adapter,  sd card reader, keyboard stickers and mini hdmi to hdmi adapter.

Still considering over the usb hub and powerbank as I don’t want to spend ott money on it but I also want for everything to work perfect and have good quality.

For the powerbank I am considering Baseus 20000mAh Quick Charge Power Bank PD 45W.

For the hub not sure I want something with a couple of usb 3, power delivery and a network port, also a normal hdmi but if i can get one without it for cheaper then i would consider it as i would have the mini hdmi adapter anyways.

pierro78
    Participant

the  “AMKLE Type C USB HDMI Adapter USB C 4K HDMI HUB RJ45 SD/TF PD Ethernet Adapter Thunderbolt Dongle” hub (bought for about 24E on aliexpress) has working USB 3, ethernet and HDMI ports … power delivery to the Y11 works with the BMAX charger but not with another 65W charger I have (but this other charger can charge the Y11 if I plug it directly into the Y11)

pierro78
    Participant

I ve just ordered one I am looking for some kind of “corner” protections that could be glued (or “scotched”) to the corners, especially to protect the screen as I understand it’s made of (breakable) glass (and not less breakable plastic) (I’ve just had a bad experience with another laptop with a glass screen : my bag fell with it inside and the top right screen corner broke … I must say I also forgot to put it in its protective pouch inside my bag …)
    PS : a solution might just be to cut the corners of a phone protective case to appropriate dimensions and glue/”scotch” them to the corners …

I did that and also added an extra layer of car tyre inner tube :

bmax y11 corner protection mod

not proud of the aethetics but hopefully it will help protect the (glass) screen if the bmax y11 falls …

PS :
    there is an issue with the antispam on this forum : it believes I am a spammer and removed my post yesterday (I was trying to make modifications to it)

pierro78
    Participant

I ve just ordered one I am looking for some kind of “corner” protections that could be glued (or “scotched”) to the corners, especially to protect the screen as I understand it’s made of (breakable) glass (and not less breakable plastic) (I’ve just had a bad experience with another laptop with a glass screen : my bag fell with it inside and the top right screen corner broke … I must say I also forgot to put it in its protective pouch inside my bag …)
    PS : a solution might just be to cut the corners of a phone protective case to appropriate dimensions and glue/”scotch” them to the corners …

I did that and also added an extra layer of car tyre inner tube :

bmax y11 corner protection mod

not proud of the aethetics but hopefully it will help protect the (glass) screen if the bmax y11 falls …

PS :
    there is an issue with the antispam on this forum : it believes I am a spammer and removed my post yesterday (I was trying to make modifications to it)

oops adding my picture as an attachement as the embedding above didn t seem to work …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password