Anyone Tried the HDMI Out?

Anyone Tried the HDMI Out?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Julyfish
    Participant

I am using Mirek190’s Android 5.0 v4.1 ROM.  I see Setting -> Display -> Cast screen but its says “no nearby devices were found”.  So X98 Air 3G does not support wired HDMI screen mirroring?  Thanks.

TecKnight

It supports wireless video connections.

Since it has an intel chip, it has native support for Intel’s wireless video technology called widi.

You can also install an app and it can broadcast to Miracast devices.

The wired HDMI works great, by the way.

Julyfish
    Participant

Hi Randy,

May I know how do you make the wired HDMI OUT works?  I tried just plugging an micro/mini HDMI adulator but nothing showed up.  Is there any setting I need to change?

Many thanks.

TecKnight

I didn’t have to do anything special, I just plugged in the cable to the tablet and monitor.

I am using a modified version of the Teclast final lollipop release

Hans Werner
    Participant

Hi

same problem. I have a dual boot X98 33G and HDMi is not working with Android 4,4 (original) and Windows 1o

Thinking now to try an USB to HDMI adapter connecting the pad to TV or monitor. But not sure if this is working , Does somebody know if  Teclast x98 is supporting MHL?

Julyfish
    Participant

Thanks Randy for your advice.  May I know which ROM you are using and where did you get it, and does it have Teclast’s bloatware?  May I also know if you are running BIOS 2.0.2?

I started to worry my Teclast has a fault in HDMI Out, because I am not able to project to a secondary monitor in Windows 10, despite the face that the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel sees both a Built-in Display and a Monitor, but the monitor displays nothing.

Thanks again.

TecKnight

Yes, I am running BIOS 2.02 and the ROM I am running is my own and yes it is debloated and rooted.

It is available here:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B52NEACNrGeqTFFWZFRlSVFWS0E&export=download

and I am simply using a Micro HDMI to HDMI cable.

It mirrors the display in Android. I haven’t tried the HDMI in Windows yet

Julyfish
    Participant

Thanks so much Randy for sharing.  Much appreciated.

Tom
    Participant

I thought I had a dodgy HDMI port on my tablet, fortunately a £1.50 replacement fixed it and it works fine on both windows 10 and android stock rom even without the updated firmware (next project)

Julyfish
    Participant

Sorry what is the £1.50 replacement?

Tom
    Participant

Sorry replacement hdmi cable, serves me right for posting late at night.

TecKnight

I just tried the HDMI cable in Windows 10. I was able to either mirror or extend my desktop to the new screen.
    Works exactly as you would want it to work.

Julyfish
    Participant

Thanks Randy.  I envy and am even jealous 😉

Are you able to get HD display from HDMI OUT in Windows?

I have not tried a micro HDMI cable, but I tried two micro HDMI adapters, both do not work 🙁

Julie Hine
    Participant

Hi, I have been struggling with the HDMI out…

I have tried a HDMI ver 1.3 cable and it works fine except the TV image is ‘inverted’ compared to the teclast’s screen.
    A cable over 3m has too much loss ( a 4 or 5m cable does not work but I have found using a 1.8m with a hdmi repeater/booster in line with a 4m cable does work ( just/a bit intermittent ).

The screen mirroring facility of win 10 does work ( with a smart tv ) but again its inverted picture and there is an unbearable lag between the teclast screen and the tv image.

I use my x98 air in an original plastic holder with bluetooth keyboasrd and a bluetooth mouse and as the teclast can only be mounted one way ( landscape with the connectors top left ) I can not resolve the TV image being upside down ?

Anyone got any ideas how to correct this upside down hdmi image issue ?

bun
    Participant

I have the dual boot Teclast X98 air III.  set your tablet screen 180 degree, your TV screen will be normal.

enjoy,

bun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password