AOSP on Mi Pad 2

AOSP on Mi Pad 2

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series AOSP on Mi Pad 2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steven
    Participant

AOSP On Mi Pad

This wasn’t easy but I got AOSP working on my MiPad 2.

Everything works as far as I can tell so far.   No errors.

Steven
    Participant

http://en.miui.com/thread-245050-1-1.html

I’m looking for a volunteer or two to try this out.  Here is a link to the files.

https://mega.nz/#!mJ9CFSJS!YJ3K8OSErJY3cjLC0BQPsE0yIeKjmdKCEGeBeg2GR4U

Ben Dover
    Participant

Wow, nice! I’ll try this.
    Are you running this build?

Steven
    Participant

I’m running it.  It is basically perfect. Read the MIUI forum post. There is now an easier way to install it. It can be rooted now too.

Ben Dover
    Participant

Thank you for your reply! I already found your forum post at the MIUI website, I will try it this evening.
    Where did you get this ROM? 🙂

Steven
    Participant

I found it accidently.  There was a post on the Chinese MIUI site about how to flash a Windows Mi Pad to Android.  I was surprised when I loaded it to see that it was pure AOSP.  From there, I had to figure out how to install Google Apps because the normal Mi procedure didn’t work.

I’m not a developer.  I just like to tinker.  Eventually I figured it out and others helped.  Now there is a reasonably straightforward procedure.

It all works and it works well.  I’m not going back to MIUI.

Tyler
    Participant

Hah, I actually wondered what was up when I switched my Windows Mi Pad over to Android Thought it was weird to have booted into AOSP, and then I eventually flashed MIUI. Could you possibly download Sixaxis Controller and try to start the driver? It currently doesn’t work at all on MIUI and I’m curious if I should go back to AOSP.

Steven
    Participant

That doesn’t seem to work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice thanks for sharing. Do I need to unlock my mipad before this can work? I’ve been going round in circles trying to oem unlock to work. Running a windows VM to use the adb tools. But can’t get fastboot to list devices.

Dirkblaster
    Participant

Given that the MiPad 2 has an Atom Z8500 as well as the Teclast X98 Pro, what would be involved to port over the improvements from Mirek’s ROM into this AOSP build? From browsing the MIUI forums nobody seems to be keeping it up to date, it is some sort of leaked developer build.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password