Are There Any Stylus pens That Will Work On iPlay 20 Pro?

Are There Any Stylus pens That Will Work On iPlay 20 Pro?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums General Discussion Are There Any Stylus pens That Will Work On iPlay 20 Pro?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Terry Chadban
    Participant

Hi guys,

I bought the iPlay 20 Pro based on Chris’s review and so far I love it! I mainly use a tablet for reading Kindle books and watching videos and the occasional game if I am bored, and it is great for both.

I would also like to use it for presentations if possible, something like Notability which a friend uses on the iPad, and I just took it for granted that a tablet would support a stylus, but so far I have tried my old Galaxy Note s-pen and a generic el cheapo stylus which was a free gift with my old Huawei MediaPad, with no luck so far. The frustrating thing is that I can draw in Android apps on the iPlay with my finger, but I would prefer to use a proper stylus if possible.

Does the iPlay 20/20 Pro support a stylus, and if so, what is your feedback on Android apps like Notability and specific pens on the iPlay? I saw this one on Aliexpress which sounds like it might do the job, but thought I would get some feedback from you guys first before I went ahead and bought it.

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Kamal
    Participant

I received my iplay20 HD about two weeks ago, so far I really like. One of the main uses is to read e-books and PDF files (scientific articles).

Unfortunately this tablet doesn’t seem to support any stylus pen support. Surely there no active pen support at all, but I was hoping that a simple stylus pen would be usable for highlighting text in PDF files. But it doesn’t.

I removed the screen protector that came with, and noticed a slight improvement in pen reaction, but it’s far from being usable.

There’s a video of a user using a stylus pen (baseus 2in1) with some minimal response, you can check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCKF29s7NMw

It’s a pity since it’s a very nice fully-laminated screen, so I was hoping for some minimal pen support. Art work and drawing is surely not possible.

Maybe a firmware upgrade will improve this? I’m still on June firmware, still reluctant to try the manual update process.

Keep us posted if you find any working solution,

Terry Chadban
    Participant

Hi all,

Believe it or not, I actually got a response from Cube/Alldocube’s tech support team about this, and the situation at the moment is that they recommend just using a basic capacitive stylus, which will work for simple jobs like writing. I ordered the Universal Capacitive Stylus from AliExpress but it hasn’t arrived yet. I will give you all an update once it arrives.

But the tablet won’t support advanced stylus features, like the button on the S-Pen, or variable pressure lines, so no good for digital art or anything like that. But it shows that they are listening to their customers, and even reading forums like this, so you never know, they may decide to improve the firmware and provide better support for the stylus down the track?

Cheers,

Terry

Kamal
    Participant

Hi all, Believe it or not, I actually got a response from Cube/Alldocube’s tech support team about this, and the situation at the moment is that they recommend just using a basic capacitive stylus, which will work for simple jobs like writing. I ordered the Universal Capacitive Stylus from AliExpress but it hasn’t arrived yet. I will give you all an update once it arrives. But the tablet won’t support advanced stylus features, like the button on the S-Pen, or variable pressure lines, so no good for digital art or anything like that. But it shows that they are listening to their customers, and even reading forums like this, so you never know, they may decide to improve the firmware and provide better support for the stylus down the track? Cheers, Terry

As I mentioned in my previous post, I already tried a simple capacitive pen, without much success. You can also check the youtube video I posted.

Advanced pen support like Spen on Samsung devices requires different hardware, no way we will ever have that on a budget laptop. My hope is that a firmware update will improve capacitive pen response making it at least usable.

Please update us if you find any pen worth using. I’m interested in simple PDF marking and highlighting, nothing fancy.

Eyal
    Participant

As I mentioned in my previous post, I already tried a simple capacitive pen, without much success. You can also check the youtube video I posted. Advanced pen support like Spen on Samsung devices requires different hardware, no way we will ever have that on a budget laptop. My hope is that a firmware update will improve capacitive pen response making it at least usable. Please update us if you find any pen worth using. I’m interested in simple PDF marking and highlighting, nothing fancy.

Hi all,

I’m really intersted in buying one of Alldocube tablets, iplay20 pro or not, and testing it’s performance with a pen.

I’ve seen that youtube video you post and it seems it should provide some basic writing experience.

Or it’s just awful and you want to throw it on the wall after few usages? as you said is it really not useful for only highlighting text? so it must be complete garbage…

What about Stylus pen which operates on bluetooth? are they compatiable with iPlay20?

I’m looking to develop somekind of notebook app using simple devices and pens and trying to maximize user experience taking in account the price of the tablet.

I was excited to find this tablet which is unfamiliar to me, becuase i hoped it will help achive this goal.

Would love to hear some thougths about it.

Thanks.

Sonalford
    Participant

Good day, everyone!

I received a response on this from Cube/tech Alldocube’s support staff, and the present situation is that they recommend using a basic capacitive pen for simple activities like writing. My AliExpress purchase of a Universal Capacitive Stylus has yet to arrive. As soon as it arrives, I’ll let you know. The tablet, on the other hand, will not support advanced stylus features like the S-button Pen’s variable pressure lines, making it unsuitable for digital art or comparable applications super mario bros. But it shows that they are listening to their customers and even reading sites like this, so who knows, maybe in the future they may update the firmware and provide better stylus support?

Thank

Asa
    Participant

Oh great, thanks for sharing.

louha
    Participant

Your advice to let the turkey rest so it may keep its geometry dash subzero moisture and taste is much appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar