ATTENTION: Possible x98- Windows update sudden death

ATTENTION: Possible x98- Windows update sudden death

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion ATTENTION: Possible x98- Windows update sudden death

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    WRH
    Participant

This issue has now be resolved. TecLast has removed the faulty driver. but the problem was that WIndows update would automatically download and update with a bad driver which would cause your device to never boot again

Hiroshi
    Participant

Thanks @wrh

This is to update anyone interested. I just looked up any progress on my package. It say it is now in Los Angeles at the ISC being processed 2016-02-07. Im excited hopefully I’ll receive it before too long maybe 2016-09-07.

Hiroshi
    Participant

@henri so how is your device running. Everything ok?

For anyone who cares or wants to know. I just checked the statusof my order and it should be arriving today or tomorrow it is just about an hour away. So I imagine it will be delivered in a day or two. Again i want to keep people updated through the whole ordering process for orders from Banggood to an american resident. Although circumstances and outcomes may vary I ‘ll still post my results. By the way my tracking number is ls993627126cn incase anyone would like to look at all the stops my package made before getting to me. I order the x98plus on 2016-06-20 and believe ill receive it on 2016-07-06 or 2016-07-07. I dont know wether or not this problem with the update to the drivers is fixed but. Im going to proceed with caution by stopping the driver up date all together. I plan to keep those who are interested up to date. Ill post again in a day or two.

Hiroshi

Ventura ca

Daniel Leal
    Participant

Good evening guys, is this still an issue?  I just bought my x98 plus from gearbest and next week it should be here, I got a little concerned with this post… Should I turn off the automatic updates to prevent this?  I don’t want my new tablet to brick on the first use :s

Kind regards, Daniel Leal

Hiroshi
    Participant

I’m not sure if this has been resolved just for the fact that someone with a user name Mr Brian Helsop posted on the forums for teclast x98 pro that his device is bricked and he is returning it.

@daniel
    leal

For any who might be wondering I received my tablet today and I’m extremely happy with it. Ordered on 2016-06-20 received in Ventura CA, USA on 2016-07-06.

I personally didn’t want to take any chances so I turned the driver updates off and I plan to seek help if and when I decide to turn them back on. Hope this helps. Techtablets review was spot on with the build quality I’m impressed! And I will use banggood again. In fact my mother plans to order the same tablet in a month.

My tracking number is ls993627126cn. This short post is a real review of Banggood, TECHTABLETS and Teclast X98 plus. If I have problems I’ll post again to keeps those who might be considering whether or not to buy this particular tablet informed.

Thanks

@chris

Hiroshi Stephens

Ventura CA

Henri
    Participant

@Hiroshi

Sorry for late reply. My device is running fine. I did few tweaks on Windows 10 side and installed Mirek’s custom Android rom.

Ricardo Farinha
    Participant

For the cases where this has occured what would be the solution?

Thanks!

Pedro
    Participant

Hi.

My tablet (x98 plus 3G) is dead. After one week (yes, just one week) of normal use and after a windows 10 update, went black and is not possible to put it working again.

Anyone knows the solution?

Best regards,

Pedro

Jorge
    Participant

Pedro, acabou de me acontecer o mesmo. Conseguiste solucionar o problema?

Mike
    Participant

am trying factory reset to win.10 and i have same thing.I cant boot to win10.Only android works.Pls tell me what to do.At first post cnet link does not work 🙁

Dan Parchomovsky
    Participant

hi try this: for x98 plus II C2D4:
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/08/27/teclast-x98-plus-ii-c2d4-dual-os-windows-10-android-firmware_207118/
    good guide and worked for me for windows bootloops
    try only to reinstall windows first
    good luck =]

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password