Backup your drivers before you update to Windows 10 1809!

Backup your drivers before you update to Windows 10 1809!

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Thinker Backup your drivers before you update to Windows 10 1809!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adri
    Participant

Not sure if it’s just me (I doubt it) but Windows 1809 screws up the Thinker so bad, from unusable touchscreen to screen ghosting to God knows what else. I had to live with disabling the touchscreen in Device Manager.

If you do a fresh re-installation of Windows 10 1709, or are still on that version, do a driver backup using Double Driver. Update your Windows 10, then restore back the drivers.

The steps I took:

1. Get Windows 10 1709 ISO, install it
    2. Get whatever drivers you need that are not installed from the Downloads section of this site
    3. Backup EVERY DRIVERS afterwards, as the ones on this site isn’t complete.
    4. Update your windows, then restore your drivers, and block Windows Update so it won’t try to overwrite it.

I restored the drivers and block anymore updates, because the problem was infuriating enough for me for a month that I thought I had a dud China machine.

Just to further cement my frustration with Windows 10 1809, the update bricked my Surface Pro 4’s keyboard connector that any surface keyboard won’t work anymore. Until Microsoft acknowledges that they screwed up, better be safe than sorry.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password