Battery Capacity/Discharge Issue

Battery Capacity/Discharge Issue

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Battery Capacity/Discharge Issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  xiangqin 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tim
    Participant

Hi there

I recently purchased this laptop and was very impressed with it, however the battery has been a persistent issue. It would not initially charge beyond around 80%. When I’ve attempted to cycle/drain it, the battery would drain to around 40% – then drop to 7% at which point Windows would display an alert telling me to plug in my PC. Around one minute later the screen would go dead and completely cut out – not hibernate or anything.

I downloaded BatteryBar to get a handle on it, and it regularly doesn’t match what Windows is saying regarding its charge status. It’s also saying the battery wear is currently at around 10%, having only had it and used it for a week!

Has anyone else experienced this? Have I just picked up a dud and should send it back to Gearbest, or is there a fix available?

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Olly
    Participant

Hi Tim,

That’s a faulty battery I’m afraid. Since it’s happened so quickly after purchase, I’d expect Gearbest to help you out here. Get in touch with them and give them the exact same info as you’ve given here, and in my experience they sort out a return & replacement fairly quickly.

Wizzard
    Participant

I got F6 Pro yesterday and it was almost completely discharged on the first boot. The charging from USB C was quite slow (it was rather discharging) because I connected it to my second laptop USB port, which apparently is not able to serve sufficient current.

But I noticed that sometimes it just turns off. I will see later, hope it is not faulty battery too.

Tim
    Participant

Hi Roman

Sounds like it could be unfortunately, you will be able to see by installing BatteryBar and seeing what the levels are doing. Did  you purchase from Gearbest? They were not able to send a replacement battery to me so I have had to return the laptop to them. They have aggrrs to fully reimburse my postage and send a replacement. It’s not ideal but not a complete disaster, I’d recommend opening up a support ticket with them and seeing what they say.

Good luck!

Wizzard
    Participant

I purchased from Geekbuying. It seems it was just some random issue before the battery was fully charged. I charged it to 100 percent and then used for a few hour installing stuff like Windows updates, Linux and Android x86 and everything went well.

(I changed my nick Roman to Wizzard :))

xiangqin
    Participant

I read a lot of complaints about this battery. Both have a short battery life. I think this may be the shortcomings and shortcomings of this computer. After all, price and quality are directly proportional. So the best thing is to replace the battery in time to not affect normal work and life. Give yourself a good mood.

I saw this battery on sale in Ali. I hope to help you.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20190523224324&SearchText=Teclast+F6+Pro+battery

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password