Battery life of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 deteriorated after system update

Battery life of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 deteriorated after system update

TechTablets Forums Chinese Mobile Phone Discussion General Mobile Discussion Battery life of Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 deteriorated after system update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bjorn Muller
    Participant

The battery life of my Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Global has been as extraordinary as reviews predicted until the recent system update to MIUI 9.6.3.0. I haven´t done any measurements to put a number on it, but the change is dramatic. Has anyone else experienced the same?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Yes over many Xiaomi phones often some updates have a real negative effect on the battery life. But the lastest 2GB update it’s quite bad on my Mi Max 3 too thought it was in my head. That same version I think. First a 290mb update, then the 2GB one to 9.6.2 or 9.6.3 which seems to have killed my battery about 25% faster. I might try a factory reset. I take it it’s almost the same for the Redmi Note 5 (Still have mine so will test)

But in my experience, Global ROM is always worse for battery life than the Chinese/English ROM.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Bjorn Muller
    Participant

Chris, you have probably already noticed, that still another update is now available, including a fix for an issue with battery drain caused by wifi. But I also want to share another possible remedy, that I found by googling. It read somewhere, that a reset of system cache could fix the problem, I tried it and, much to my surprise, there was an immediate improvement. I don´t understand how an excessive cache could cause battery drain even when the phone is idle, but, after all, I am not supposed to understand everything. I have just done the new update and and it will be interesting to see, if there will be even more improvement of battery life.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Factory reset and update seems to have cured it thankfully.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar