Battery life

Battery life

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum Battery life

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Vincent
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Well, I just wanted to take stock of the problem of autonomy that many people encounter with X98.

Personally, I try to recalibrate the battery several times, no big difference.

Now support geebuying.com sent me a link to latest firmware (http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2015/10/20/teclast-x98-pro-dual-os-k9c6-newest-android5-1win10multi-languages-firmware_192338/)

They tell me that the problem disappeared after that.

What do you think?

Thank you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which firmware version is that?  The latest BIOS we know is 1.13.

After updating to latest Windows 10 version I have slighter better battery life. I used an Excel spreadsheet to calculate how much battery I spend and it’s about 20% each hour with very light usage (reading a PDF or watching a video from the internal storage)

In Standby mode I lose about 3% each hour.

I have deleted Android so I cannot tell you about battery life in Android.

Vincent
    Participant

I will check the firmware version when I get home tonight.

For now, I just downloaded the data, I did not install the firmware

Ismail
    Participant

Hi

after you have done the update can you please tell me if the battery life is better

Spanna Hanz
    Participant

Hi, Sorry for the Newbie question, But where would I see what the current Firmware is bios/windows or android??

I bought a 50000 mAh USB  power pack which attaches to the back of the keyboard case (orig Teclast x98 pro) with some small neodymium magnets, and it works a treat.

Vincent
    Participant

I think we are all beginners on this post!

I tried to update the firmware last night, but once the tablet “DNX fast boot” it is not recognized by Windows, it does not appear in the Intel phone software tool …

I’ll try again tonight.

I was still afraid of the flash crash …

And I don’t know how to check the current version

Vincent
    Participant

Now I can not turn it on, I’m stuck by the BIOS…

Yet, I have not done anything yet! I have not even tried to flash, I just turned on by pressing “power and volume -” to be in DNX fast boot mode (which does not work, the tablet is still not recognized by Windows) . And now impossible to turn it on, I come across the BIOS directly …

Someone would have a solution?

Dennis van Elteren
    Participant

Hi Guys

Regarding the battery life: this week (17th of Nov) I had a major Win10 update when I checked for updates. The whole windows10 was reinstalled. This took many hours (internet was slow, approx 12-14hours). I had the tablet connected to the adapter all the time. Since then the batterylife is much much better. I do not know if this is due to the long charging (that it somehow revived the battery) or that the new Win10 monitors the battery life better. Just wanted to tell you this, maybe it helps another user

Vincent
    Participant

Thank you Dennis, it’s very interesting.

For my part, I solved my problem by flashing BIOS loop tablet with the BIOS “EMMC 1.13 Fix”

After that the tablet starting up normally and was recognized by the Intel Flash tool software. So I apply my update advised by Geekbuying.

For now I have reinstalled only Android (lack of time yesterday), but this afternoon I’m going to reinstall Windows.

I do not think that the life of the battery has improved.

Following soon.

Vincent
    Participant

Hi guys. I had install windows yesterday with the “new version” and let the tablet charging during all the night and all the day (about 18 hours).

It’s really good now! Windows says 7 hours left fort 91%!!!

TAEL
    Participant

Hi guys. I had install windows yesterday with the “new version” and let the tablet charging during all the night and all the day (about 18 hours). It’s really good now! Windows says 7 hours left fort 91%!!!

Battery percentage shown by Windows is not accurate and your tablet will not stay alive 7 hours.

Vincent
    Participant

Okay but I use it for 1h15, and there is 75% battery remaining 4h30 announced. It’s really better than before. (I had no more than 2h-2h30 autonomy)

Milosz
    Participant

guys How to clock Down (temporary limit this CPU ~1.4) to test battery life?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello, in Windows you can add a “Maximum processor state” entry to the power options:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/51027-power-options-add-remove-min-max-processor-state.html

If you set it to 95%, it will almost never go into turbo (2240 MHz) mode.
    90% limits it to 1360 MHz.

Vincent
    Participant

Limit the processor frequency really improves the battery life?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar