Battery Replacement

Battery Replacement

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Lorenz 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Irene
    Participant

So it seems the battery of my i7 Stylus is completely dead, or so said the guy who inspected my tablet (which wouldn’t turn on, nor charge in any way).
    I tried to search everywhere to find a replacement, but I couldn’t find any.
    Anybody knows if and where I can find one?

Thank you!

Bob
    Participant

I’m looking for the same.. My i7 stylus battery was “iffy” from new so I bought 2 of the nearest physically sized lipo cells from Ebay.

I didn’t return the tablet as faulty as I bought it direct from China and I didn’t want the aggro. The plan was to remove the battery controller board from the old battery and attach it to the new cells. I’ve done this sort of thing many times on other kit, with no problems.

It worked fine, but the controller board itself failed after about a week. I’m now looking for either a new replacement battery, or a duff one with a working controller board.

I’ll post here if I manage to find anything…

Anonymous

01. Are you absolutely sure that your battery is dead? You know the procedure to control that? Hard reset the tablet by pushing a paperclip into the reset hole and keep (softly) pushing the clip there for about 30 seconds. Thereafter push the on/of button and perhaps it will start up but not of course if the battery is really dead. 😉 If this works you will have to reinstall your backup data.

02. I searched for a spare battery myself not only as a spare one but also because I hoped to find a better quality one that would allow a longer using time. (excuse bad English, I am Dutch). I did not find one but I probably am not the best Googleist. First you should know the number of the model of your battery. There are films on YouTube where they decompose the tablet and where you can read this number but it seems not to be the same model for p.e. USA and UK, so… if you want to be sure you will have to open up your tablet and after having taking out the battery you can read your battery model number. These are the data I relied on:

Battery: 3.7 V x 4300mAh x2 cells=31.8Wh;

On the Cube site it says: Model name: i8 (P3362160); NOM. 7.4 V, 4500mAh x2 33,3 WAh Max. Voltage 8.4 Volt.

In a YouTube film you can read: Manufacturer Shenzen Grand Powersource Co, Ltd. Model name: 2877167\5000 mAh\7.6 V; NOM. 7.6 V. 5000 mAh; 38 WAh (perhaps for the UK-market!).

The Cube firm does not have the slightest idea of what it means to take responsability for their products, so do not count on them.

Success! And if you find… please let us know,

Maximillus

jwstoop
    Participant

Hi guys,

did anyone already find a solution on this? My Cube i7 Stylus always had some battery issues and has stopped working at all. The screen was showing a bulge so I’ve opened up the tablet and found that 1 of the 2 battery cells is a little obese 😉

Now I just have to find a new battery. So would love to hear if anyone else is more successful in finding one, than I was until now.

Cheers,
    Jan-Willem

Bob
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve located a dead battery from another tablet (a 2S 7.4V). I intend to try and use the controller board from this one with the replacement new cells that I already have.

The capacity of the cells with the replacement board is slightly smaller, so I’ll see if the controller chip is reprogrammable.

I’ve also got a lead on getting a damaged i7 stylus for parts…

More later…

Anonymous

Hi, I’ve located a dead battery from another tablet (a 2S 7.4V). I intend to try and use the controller board from this one with the replacement new cells that I already have. The capacity of the cells with the replacement board is slightly smaller, so I’ll see if the controller chip is reprogrammable. I’ve also got a lead on getting a damaged i7 stylus for parts… More later…

Hello, you read my posting on top of yours? There you can find model name and other data about the battery of the Cube i7 Stylus. I have my bricked (while opening up) Cube i7 St still here and I see your name seems to be a dutch one and I am Dutch too and live in the Amsterdam area. If you are in the Netherlands and willing to pay something for the battery then send me a e-mail please. I have also some other spare parts, like the stylus that you could possibly be interested in.

Maximillus

Anonymous

Hi guys, did anyone already find a solution on this? My Cube i7 Stylus always had some battery issues and has stopped working at all. The screen was showing a bulge so I’ve opened up the tablet and found that 1 of the 2 battery cells is a little obese ? Now I just have to find a new battery. So would love to hear if anyone else is more successful in finding one, than I was until now. Cheers, Jan-Willem

Hi, I’ve located a dead battery from another tablet (a 2S 7.4V). I intend to try and use the controller board from this one with the replacement new cells that I already have. The capacity of the cells with the replacement board is slightly smaller, so I’ll see if the controller chip is reprogrammable. I’ve also got a lead on getting a damaged i7 stylus for parts… More later…

Hello, you read my posting on top of yours? There you can find model name and other data about the battery of the Cube i7 Stylus. I have my bricked (while opening up) Cube i7 St still here and I see your name seems to be a dutch one and I am Dutch too and live in the Amsterdam area. If you are in the Netherlands and willing to pay something for the battery then send me a e-mail please. I have also some other spare parts, like the stylus that you could possibly be interested in.

Maximillus

Bob
    Participant

Hi,

I’m from the UK so postal charges would probably be prohibitive…

If your tablet is really borked then why not either sell the complete tablet as “spares or repair” on Ebay or break it for parts?

I know of a few people that are looking for digitizers and case parts.. The battery alone is worth selling.

Bob
    Participant

Hi, I’ve bought a “dead” i7 Stylus from Ebay.. The tablet appears to have been opened with a crowbar (not really!). Significant rear case and screen edge damage.

The tablet was supplied with a charger and a USB power lead.. Can you see where this is going yet??

Yep, the “computer place” that I bought the tablet from were trying to charge/power the tablet with 5V (750mA rated charger).

The battery was totally flat. I transferred the battery to my tablet and attempted charging it.. Good news! It fully charged up after 4 hours or so with a 12V 3A charger.

I’ve now installed Linux Mint 18.1 with a self compiled kernel (4.9.0). Everything (so far tested) works apart from auto screen rotation.

Looking good! I’ll continue after Christmas..

BTW, the “faulty” tablet actually isn’t.. It boots correctly with the other battery controller board and Ebay Lipo cells.

I’ll test everything out in the new year.

Hope everyone has a good one…

Joel Alexandre Moreira Luís
    Participant

Hey, I am new arround here and I’m 1 year late to the party. I’ve bought the cube i7 book 1 year ago, and the max charge is 40% less than the max capacity (Installed HWMonitor to check this). Well, I’m going to try to get 2×3.7v 4300mAh batteries to replace the original one. How did you remove the original battery from the motherboard? I’m having a hard time taking it out.

Thanks

nicolas poupinet
    Participant

I really would like to replace the Cube Mix Plus battery. I found something very similar, what do you think about it?

http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/549008749813

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

https://actiftech.com

Lorenz
    Participant

I also want to replace the battery of my cube i7 stylus. From my research I found following battery, but it says in the description that this battery is 0.8 mm thicker than the original one. So my question is if somebody has tried to replace its battery with this one:

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32941957581.html?pid=808_0000_0131&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32941957581&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=356-oiIQUJW7C1JJxvOKNzTEQbqKZMgbiz42qvHCwfGKHt9X0Alkr0d7HvMQPND2QMl1552056130531

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password