Battery Replacement/Upgrade

Battery Replacement/Upgrade

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Discussion Battery Replacement/Upgrade

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eli Whitney
    Participant

So, I made an impulse buy on this tablet and it’s currently being shipped.  I looked at a few online reviews, found as much information on the tablet as I could, and while all the features seem pretty awesome the battery is lackluster at best.  From what I’ve looked up, it comes with a 4000mah battery which nets you ~3hrs video playback and ~5hrs general use.

So I’ve been researching possibly replacing the battery with a higher capacity.  I grabbed a screenshot from the video of internals one of the techtablet members made (chirs maybe?):  http://i.imgur.com/vxQM689.png

Dimensions look to be 3.3mm think, with a width of 95mm and a length of 105mm on a Li-Poly battery.  Given that information, I took to aliexpress to find something similar with a higher capacity.  Enter the slightly thicker, similar dimensions 6000mah LG replacement:  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/3-7V-6000mAH-4594105-Polymer-lithium-ion-battery-LG-Original-CUBE-U35GT-DUAL-CORE-U35GT-2/631097_1538128007.html

So we’re talking about a 4.5mm thick batter as opposed to the original 3.3mm.  Now as I don’t have the actual unit yet, I’m wondering if there’s enough space for an extra 1.2mm in the case itself.  If this could work, you’re look at a substantial gain in battery life.

All that was based off the Vi8 because I’m stupid.

Looks like we’re working with 3.2mm thick, 63mm wide, 156mm long.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I would have a larger battery over the 4000mAH unit it has, it’s the flaw of the Hi8. But seriously I don’t think there is room.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Eli Whitney
    Participant

Yeah, after searching a while for batteries of similar dimension, I could only find a 4500mah battery that might fit, but it wouldn’t be worth the effort for such a small return.

Looks like you’d have to have a modified back plate for more room (maybe 3d-printed?) or just use a case with a powerbank.

I was hoping there was a way to extend the battery life easily, but oh well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar