Battery won't reach 100% (Stuck on ~80%)

Battery won't reach 100% (Stuck on ~80%)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro Battery won't reach 100% (Stuck on ~80%)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  boccon 18 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Tierri
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Tierri and for about one month ago i bhought my Teclast F6 Pro. I received 3 days ago and since i tried to do the first charge i noticed that the laptop wouldn’t  go further than 80 something %. The first time it went till 90% but now seems its getting worst, for example in this precise moment it’s stuck in 83,7% and i let it charge it all the night to check.

I already tried some tricks that i find online but non seem to work. I also took the battery out and putted it again but no results.

If anyone of you can help me, i would be very glad. I think BIOS reset or update would help, but i don’t know how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Tierri Santos

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Anthony
    Participant

I have that issue too, although mine won’t charge over 50-60%.

You have a faulty BMS (Battery Management System). It cuts off the charge to the battery for some reason. You have two options:

Return for refund/exchange

Solder a bypass wire from one cell of the lithium ion battery directly to the output pin of the BMS. That’s what I did, but I added a switch so that I could control when it charges and when it stops charging.

Olly
    Participant

You could also try a complete discharge (i.e. down to 0% or as close as you can possibly get), then charging back up again. It’s unlikely to work however, and if it does may only be a temporary solution. The long term solution as Anthony has mentioned is to send the laptop back to the seller for a new battery, replacement laptop or a refund.

Tierri
    Participant

Hello Anthony,

Take you very much for your answer. Would you give me please more detailed proceders on how to do that? I didn’t understand well the idea.

Thanks,

Tierri Santos

Tierri
    Participant

Hello Olly,

Thanks for your answer, but unfortenately i already tried that once and didn’t work.

Thanks,

Tierri Santos

boccon
    Participant

I have the same problem. the battery does not exceed 83%. And the LED never turns green, always red …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password