Battery worn 22.2% in 10 days

Battery worn 22.2% in 10 days

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Battery worn 22.2% in 10 days

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    John Macie
    Participant

When I first got the tablet on Feb 6th, 2017 I checked the battery with batterybar, batteryinfoview, and Smarter Battery 4. The 1st reading 11 days ago, my battery was reading deprecated 12.7%. I wanted to use the tablet thoroughly through a few cycles, and attempt to calibrate to give the benefit of the doubt. But after only 3 total charge cycles in 10 days of ownership my battery is at 22.2% worn. I knew and know these topics are written elsewhere here, numerous have this premature battery worn problem, and many have attempted to search out replacement batteries etc. I wrote to Banggood, my reseller, and they asked me to make a youtube and send photos. I really don’t know what they can do for me. I live in Atlanta, GA USA and I’m not paying a fortune to send it to China. Plus, in the FAQ section of Banggood they have a statement about only giving 5 days to examine the product to get a return, yet it is supposed to be warrantied for a year. Any advice on my future communications to Banggood? I don’t have any idea if I have any grounds to get anything from them. Who knows? Thanks all!

Cloppy
    Participant

Did you pay using paypal?

John Macie
    Participant

yes,I did. Can I dispute it this far out?   They got my complaint video and pictures and email, then they asked me if I was saying the battery was bad, and I haven’t heard any more from them. It’s like they are pretending to be clueless. I’m really not sure how to deal with them.Thanks for you time, Cloppy.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

Not sure how accurate these battery wear readings are. Battery Bar shows 17.8% wear on mine, but I still get 4-5hrs power from it.

I plan on getting this powerbank anyway which should give an extra 12+ hrs use…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Charger-RAVPower-26800mAh-Recharge/dp/B01LZILJQ1

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks Papa, They’re talking here,on other threads, about other tablets, that have similar erroneous battery findings.  I knew these comments before my purchase. I just wanted to get some feedback because my battery showed 12.7 % worn the 1st day and 22.2% worn after only 3 complete charges in 10 days. I didn’t want to be stuck and wanted to report to Bangood a.s.a.p so that they could respond. I hope they do more than just acknowledge I made a complaint without a real response. I might get one of those RAV chargers, those look great, Thanks for the link!

George
    Participant

When I saw the title, I was sure it was about a CUBE tablet, for some reason they are most prone to this battery wear. Same issue with the i7 Stylus and the i9.

Cube, I believe, has been nose-diving with regard to quality-control…I actually got 4 faulty Cube i9 tablets in a row from Banggood…won’t be touching them again, I spent too much money on shipping.

The tablet has great specs and I really like its screen (not it’s ratio though), BUT they’re really not so reliable…I believe it has to do with the very high temperatures developed by these tablets (especially the i7 ones)

Only Teclast or Chuwi for me from now on, have had much much better luck with them

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

When I saw the title, I was sure it was about a CUBE tablet, for some reason they are most prone to this battery wear. Same issue with the i7 Stylus and the i9. Cube, I believe, has been nose-diving with regard to quality-control…I actually got 4 faulty Cube i9 tablets in a row from Banggood…won’t be touching them again, I spent too much money on shipping. The tablet has great specs and I really like its screen (not it’s ratio though), BUT they’re really not so reliable…I believe it has to do with the very high temperatures developed by these tablets (especially the i7 ones) Only Teclast or Chuwi for me from now on, have had much much better luck with them

No problems with my i7 Book for 6 months now. Show me another core-M stylus enabled tablet for £200 by Telcast, Chuwi or anyone? Don’t think so. You could be right about the high temps shortening the battery life though. All fanless core-M tablets will get hot.

Dal
    Participant

Using mine for about 6 months now, batter wear at 10% but IIRC it didn’t change from the first time I receive it. Using it almost everyday for work, game, movies.

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks Dal, all info appreciated!

Cloppy
    Participant

John, I’ve got a Mix Plus, but with no battery wear (*knocks on wood*). I’d open a paypal dispute, however you might want to read this first:

http://batterycare.net/en/faq.html#faq5

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2914747/battery-wear-level-problems.html

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks Cloppy,

These articles do shed a bit more light on this circumstance. I guess I’ll let it go and see what happens. Banggood did return my complaint and said to get a local repair estimate.  I told them that estimates are not free, and that because Cube is not a local product, that getting a battery would be hard or impossible. I asked them to send me a battery and that I would find someone to replace it. I haven’t heard back. I would just replace it myself. I’m wanting to keep the subject alive so we can at least get feedback for others to rely on. Thanks for the info and links!

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

My battery wear went from 19% to 9% by doing the following… Fully charge battery > Set power plan to balanced & screen brightness to 50% (set screen to never turn off) > leave it to discharge battery till off > boot into BIOS and let it run till battery fully runs out > leave switched off and fully charge

I think this serves to show that the reported figure of “battery wear” should be taken with a pinch of salt. It can fluctuate wildly depending on your pattern of use and how the tablet is charged/discharged. And is reversible.

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks Papa,  How many mWh does your battery show when fully charges? I will try this calibration and report back. Banggood was good enough to tell me to send it back to China for a replacement. The post is $89, so I won’t do that.

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

It’s currently showing as 38,990 mWh of 43,000mWh (9.3% wear). Was showing over 19% wear yesterday. Will see if I can get it even lower.

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks for that info. Look forward to the results of my calibration later.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar