best charger for hi12

best charger for hi12

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum best charger for hi12

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    alessandro
    Participant
    Max3D
    Participant

I opened a very similar topic as I can’t find a good charger. The ones you mention won’t work as they are limited to 2.1A if the device is not quick-charge enabled.

alessandro
    Participant

and so, where and why did I read that chuwi hi12 allows chargers till 3A?

SanHayate
    Participant

Hi,

I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Charge-Charger-Micro-USB-Qualcomm-Certified/dp/B00VHHIUNY

I have a usb tester, I’ll let you know how much I can draw from the charger when the battery is about 50% (battery is full now, you can’t really check how much power is drawn…)

Max3D
    Participant

Please do as it will definitely settle if the hi 12 is quick charge enabled (which I don’t expect)

BoORD_L
    Participant

I’ve got a quickcharge 3A charger and i can assure you it doesn’t support that tecnology

What I've used and what I've got:
    TECLAST X98 AIR 3G, TECLAST X98 AIR II, TECLAST X98 PRO,CHUWI HI8, CHUWI HI12, CUBE I9

SanHayate
    Participant

There you go.

Tested:
    Aukey Charger on regular port 5.11 / 1.59A
    Aukey Charger on Quick Charge 5.09 1.54A
    Charger provided by Chuwi 5.26 / 1.94A

All tested using a 3ft Aukey cable.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rogus Mortem
    Participant

I own a Qualcomm 3.0 and the Hi12 is not 3.0 compatible. I tested this on my Windows 10 only Hi12!

Manuel
    Participant

There you go. Tested: Aukey Charger on regular port 5.11 / 1.59A Aukey Charger on Quick Charge 5.09 1.54A Charger provided by Chuwi 5.26 / 1.94A All tested using a 3ft Aukey cable.

What does it means? Chuwi charger is better? I don’t undestand :(.

Thanks

SanHayate
    Participant

I guess that sometimes, a “dumb” powefull (more than 1.5A) charger like the one provided by Chuwi can charge faster.

My understanding (if anyone knows better than me, please correct!) is that smart chargers “negotiate” the amperage that they use with the device connected. So they charge at a “safe’ amperage that the device agrees on.
    A dumb charger doesn’t bother with negotiations and charges at full speed without any consideration.
    Is it better? No idea, probably not.
    Is it faster? certainly.

Chris G
    Keymaster

I get 2.12A from my Samsung Galaxy S6/Note5/S7 travel quick charger at 5 volts. Works the best for me and it’s a small and safe charger, make sure you use a good gauge usb cable.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Manuel
    Participant

I guess that sometimes, a “dumb” powefull (more than 1.5A) charger like the one provided by Chuwi can charge faster. My understanding (if anyone knows better than me, please correct!) is that smart chargers “negotiate” the amperage that they use with the device connected. So they charge at a “safe’ amperage that the device agrees on. A dumb charger doesn’t bother with negotiations and charges at full speed without any consideration. Is it better? No idea, probably not. Is it faster? certainly.

I get 2.12A from my Samsung Galaxy S6/Note5/S7 travel quick charger at 5 volts. Works the best for me and it’s a small and safe charger, make sure you use a good gauge usb cable.

Thank you for the information and advices!

Nestor Gutierres Galvez
    Participant

There you go. Tested: Aukey Charger on regular port 5.11 / 1.59A Aukey Charger on Quick Charge 5.09 1.54A Charger provided by Chuwi 5.26 / 1.94A All tested using a 3ft Aukey cable.

Hey, I hay exactly the same Aukey 3 port charger and the same USB metter and I can confirm your results.

I have several tablets/computer/phones that charge with micro USB 5volt and after buying a lot of chargers that promisse to be the best one with “40w 5 ports, 2.4 amps, quick charge 3.0” I always have a winner:

EP-TA10EWE from samsung. It’s a 5.5v 12W charger, but can charge a even little bit higher. I don’t know other references than the european one, sorry. Also, be careful, there are a lot of fakes, even on amazon store.

Take a look at the picture, chuwi hi12 charging at 5.46v, 2.25amps … more than 12W!!! Try to beat this!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar