Best (w10) tablet for stylus use (least possible jitter)

Best (w10) tablet for stylus use (least possible jitter)

TechTablets Forums General Online retailers, seller recommendations and reviews Best (w10) tablet for stylus use (least possible jitter)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Someone
    Participant

Alright, so, I basically want a Windows 10 tablet that has a pressure sensitive stylus support with the least amount of jitter. About a year ago I ordered a Cube iWork 10 ultimate with supposedly has active stylus support (and there was a huge discount so I couldn’t let it slip). Unfortunately by the time it arrived… cube already discontinued their active stylus for this tablet. (I should’ve known better by knowing that). But I somehow was able to order another active stylus from the brand trekstor (rebranded cube in germany) which has enormous jitter (like someone else mentioned on the forum: drawing lines as if you have parkinsons). Besides that, I do love the tablet, so it wasn’t a total disappointment.

Tho, lately, it started to itch again. I would like to draw(beginning so nothing professional, i am now using a old wacom bamboo pen from 2012), , take notes etc, directly on a screen in front of me, and have the additional benefits of not having to carry a 2.6 kg laptop to college etc. So I started to look at the more “expensive” windows surface clones such as the Chuwi Hi13 and the surbook (which I haven’t found a proper stylus review for yet). Now watching a review of the Chuwi Hi13 (https://youtu.be/dXHUb5mcawI?t=630), she mentioned that there was a slight jitter when drawing diagonal lines… I don’t call that slight… I would call that annoying and noticeable(or maybe i am just to specific/ocd atm). So I started to wonder. Since this is already more of a top of the line Chinese tablet, are there any chinese tablets which have stylus support that doesn’t have/has less noticeable jitter when drawing slow diagonal lines?

I have a budget for around 500 euro, that includes a typecover and a stylus.

(Would you guys recommend me a second hand surface pro for this kind of money or one of these import/export tablets?)

I would like to know what experience you guys have regarding this subject.

Thanks in advance!

Daniel J.
    Participant

I am not an expert in this particular field, but the surface models would also be my best guess, for a alternative to a more “professional” dedicated digitizer unit. Have you even researched if these digitizers can be had for affordable prices used?

I own the Hi13 model and I agree that it is too slow(too much delay) and imprecise for more serious use, like advanced drawing or painting. The real issue, to my knowledge, is lack of processing power in the tablet units. So, the more CPU power, the better the stylus performance should be. The Intel Celeron CPU’s is great in terms of low prices and having it run with a passive/fan-less cooler solution, making the tablet 100% silent. Plus battery life is extended. But in terms of sheer performance, you want something more powerful. Intel i3 equivalent CPU or better I suspect.

Adam
    Participant

If focus is drawing and you can consider using a separate unit the Remarkable gets good reviews, even though the price has jumped up now after the pre-order deal

https://remarkable.com/store

Mzx
    Participant

What did you buy in the end?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar