Beware of changing bios settings!

Beware of changing bios settings!

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Beware of changing bios settings!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daan Kroon
    Participant

I’m sorry for not being able to react to anyone’s comments for a while on techtablets.
    The reason I couldn’t get technical is because I had to resend my bricked dual boot chuwi hi8 pro for a new one (thank for the new unit banggood).
    After waiting for a long time plus paying 45 euro’s for shipping, taxes, etc I received my new unit.

The chuwi series sure do have many bios settings, I wish I had something like this on the average notebook, there’s a catch though.
    I wanted to increase performance, allocating extra vram for the igpu and such, this didn’t really had any effect on almost any application.
    I suddenly stumbled upon a tab which let you increase ddr3 speeds (1333Mhz, 1600Mhz, 1866Mhz, etc) after changing it to a higher value it was bricked for good…
    Resetting didn’t work, charging didn’t work, nothing really.
    I thought if I could reset my device I had it up an running again in no time. so I opened the case, fiddled with it, desoldered my battery, no luck.
    I warn you people, these devices aren’t fool proof where I could fix almost any tablet/computer in my days this one gave me a hard time.

Doc_152
    Participant

You should also never change to dual channel memory. There is a setting for that in the bios. And regardless of what Ubuntu said, its not dual channel and it bricked one of my Hi12’s.

Andras Kenez
    Participant

X5-Z8300 supports only single chanel RAM (and only 2GB officially, but RAM size is hacked in many tab)

AND DO NOT DISABLE USB in BIOS!!!

Điền Thanh Phan
    Participant

Thanks for the head up, and that sucks man :/

Jo
    Participant

lol i was just asking about this

There are lots of fun tabs to! This bios lets you shoot urself in the face super easy too! But thats a bios! seems pretty universal, but super specific.  Like the gui is cut and paste off whatever it can do.  ie i have an option for gps but it does nothing,  anyone else notice that?

Does our bios come with a guide? What is Intel’s silent lake for android? I’ve tried googleing  bios american megatrends and they seem like a big deal,  couldn’t find support for our lil chuwi.  anybody got any better ideas on what to search for?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar