Beware the OTA "network update" for Chuwi Hi9

Beware the OTA "network update" for Chuwi Hi9

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi General Discussion Beware the OTA "network update" for Chuwi Hi9

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  thnik phutan 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hualalai
    Participant

For the past few days, I have been receiving an OTA, anonymous, “download a network update” notification on my Hi9.  Nothing about the publisher, security, etc., of the update …nothing, just a statement about “minor bug fixes” to improve network speed.  My Hi9 is sterile, an entertainment device, so I tried the “update”, and when it rebooted during installation, the android bot had a red triangle in its belly with “Error” displayed.  I did the power/volume fastboot, and got the OS back.  So… Chuwi messed up big time: 1) anonymous, non-certificated update that 2) failed.

If anyone does get the update to work, please post.

santi_sc
    Participant

For the past few days, I have been receiving an OTA, anonymous, “download a network update” notification on my Hi9. Nothing about the publisher, security, etc., of the update …nothing, just a statement about “minor bug fixes” to improve network speed. My Hi9 is sterile, an entertainment device, so I tried the “update”, and when it rebooted during installation, the android bot had a red triangle in its belly with “Error” displayed. I did the power/volume fastboot, and got the OS back. So… Chuwi messed up big time: 1) anonymous, non-certificated update that 2) failed. If anyone does get the update to work, please post.

What does Tablet mean, Hi9 or Hi9 Air?

Hualalai
    Participant

Both.  I have both, same issue.

Lenah
    Participant

Tried this update.

The result is no longer have wireless update.

Now shows com.adups.fota.myappplication.

Attempting to access crashes tablet

Steven Robertson
    Participant

I got this problem as well after updating and from reading on the chuwi website, the tablet will need a factory reset to get the ‘wireless update’ back.

thnik phutan
    Participant

ขอบคุณสำหรับข้อมูลดีๆค่ะ เว็บพนันบอล https://ufa007.co/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password