BIOS config problem?

BIOS config problem?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast F6 Pro BIOS config problem?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m new on this forum and I already have a problem with my new Teclast F6 Pro (received in august 2019).

All was very well working since I got it, until end of september (less than one month of use).

the laptop suddenly reboot…..but, instead of booting on the SSD, it booted directly on the bios.

I didn’t change anything, just turned off the laptop and restart it again, but still going on the bios.

Checking the bios config, I saw that the place where the SSD should appear was empty.

I turned off the laptop, unplugged the SSD (by the way, it was very hot!) wait 10 minutes, then put it back and turned on the laptop…still booting on the bios.

The red led of the SSD was on from the moment the laptop started.

So, I bought a new SSD, bigger (Transcend TS512GMTS430S – m.2 2242), which is recognized by the Bios. Because I couldn’t retrieve the Windows 10 Home licence key that was installed, I installed a Windows 10 Pro (updated to version 1903) with my desktop licence key.

It works fine!

But, I still have time to time a random restart on the Bios.

Does someone knows what’s happened?

Best regards,

Me 🙂

Teclast F6 Pro – ID: S5K3

Wizzard
    Participant

Hi. Sometimes my computer also restarts to BIOS, but mostly just when the battery is fully discharged. It also resets the boot order priority, when it selects another EFI boot entry, but I can just change that and it works.

Btw, I have the same SSD, I think it is the best we can buy now for our laptop.

Nicolas
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

The restart can happened anytime, with or without the charger plugged.

By the way, my battery doesn’t hold 6 hours of use, it’s more between 3 and 4 hours. Ok, I often play online  game and I watch TV by internet every evening, but I have to plus the charger 2 or 3 times a day.

Yes, I didn’t found a better SSD so far (very hard to find a good SSD in 2242 size).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar