BIOS for Mi Air 13 (i5 6200U model update)

BIOS for Mi Air 13 (i5 6200U model update)

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series BIOS for Mi Air 13 (i5 6200U model update)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Seçkin Güvenç
    Participant

Hi guys,

I recently found a BIOS update in one of Chinese forums for Mi Air 13 notebook. I already tested it and it worked. I didn`t see any significant change in performance or battery improvement but anyway if anyone wants to update you can simply run attached file in Windows and it will restart laptop automatically then it will start update. Update takes not more than 2 minutes. BIOS version changes from A05 to A06

But please be aware that there is no guarantee that it will work without any problems , try in your own risk.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Seçkin Güvenç
    Participant

Actually the real useful thing about Insyde H20 BIOS that it gives access to many settings for laptop but unfortunately Xiaomi has locked most of the settings. I already opened a topic in bios-mods for an unlocked version , so lets wait if anyone shares unlocked version.I checked couple of articles about it , it is not so difficult to do but I dont want to take a risk to brick my laptop. Anyway , if any update will come about BIOS Ill update here as well.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Where did you find this bios update? Is there anything for the Mi Notebook Air 13 2017 Kaby Lake series?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Seçkin Güvenç
    Participant

Sorry for a very very late reply and update on this.. Actually I found it through Chinese forums for Xiaomi. It was a long time ago so it would be a bit tough to find out now again but let me try.

As a beginning point I can point out this website : bbs.xiaomi.cn

Seçkin Güvenç
    Participant

Hi again Chris!

I found a very recent post from Chinese forum , someone shared a new BIOS version of Mi Air 13 , I guess it is Kaby Lake version (it is mentioned as fingerprint version there) but you can understand it from the file name I guess if it belongs to Kaby Lake version or not. I`m putting it in attachment.

Edit : It seems due to security reasons it is not allowed to put this file here (it is exe file directly updating BIOS). Below is the link to download ;

https://mega.nz/#!GYURAKrK!bvlpvtXtQ8sOHsmghDfCT70hVqraHG5hA_mn8pnb9o0

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar