Black screen after BIOS Update

Black screen after BIOS Update

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube iwork11 Stylus Black screen after BIOS Update

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ger 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Phil
    Participant

Hey ppl, i tried to fix my blue screen problems with a total reset of my cube iwork 11. So i started with a BIOS Update it completed and after the shutdown, my tablet isn´t able to start anymore. Just the long vibrations appear if i press the power button long enough.

Is there anything i can do, to get my tablet back to work? 🙁

Ger
    Participant

I have e the same issue. Did you manage to fix yours?

Phil
    Participant

Not yet, i think the only option is flash the bios chip with a spi programmer, but still not sure if i should try this on my own. did u find something out?

Ger
    Participant

No I didn’t have any success either. I’m thinking about purchasing the BIOS programmer as well. I’m hesitating because I think I also have a memory problem (the reason I was missing around with the BIOS in the first place.) Don’t want to throw good money after bad with this tablet because it has crashed a number of times where I’d had to reinstall everything. There seems to be very little support for Cube tablets. There seems to be much better support for Chuwi.

I might just cut my losses and buy a Chuwi – annoying after purchasing the keyboard and stylus already with the Cube

Phil
    Participant

did you thought about a preorder for the new surbook from chuwi? well i had a few trys with the programmer but it won´t detect the bios chip 🙁 i ordered a voltage converter and after that i think i have to give up and accept the bios brick.

Ger
    Participant

I have the bios programmer on order from ebay.

The Surbook looks nice but a bit expensive for me. I’m thinking about the Chuwi Hi 10 plus maybe. Although the poor reliability of these tablets quickly eats up any initial savings in purchase price. I only had the iwork 11 for a year and it was already having issues after 6 months.

It seems to be difficult to get something like the iwork 11 with the pressure sensitivity on the screen stylus to the same level.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password