Black screen

Black screen

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Black screen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    st1ckyn1ck3l
    Participant

Tonight while using the Edge browser, the screen on my i9 went totally white. The only thing I could do was power it down. Now when I try to power it back on, the screen doesn’t light. The Cube BIOS logo isn’t displayed, and never comes on. The tablet does boot, and I can access it using remote desktop. It appears to be running well, but the screen never turns on. Another weird thing is that the brightness button on the notifications shade is now missing (when accessing the tablet remotely). Any ideas, or suggestions as to what to look into? I’ve already done a BIOS reset (using the reset button).

Bonnom
    Participant

I dont think you ever have the option to have brightness control with Windows RDP.

This doesn’t sound like a problem you can easily solve. It sounds like there was a bad component on the board and that it just got destroyed.
    You probably have to send it back to the manufacturer.

Good luck with getting it fixed.
    Please let me know how it went.

st1ckyn1ck3l
    Participant

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking as well. I’ve checked all cabling, reseated everything, and no change. I don’t think it’s the backlight because there’s nothing on the screen at all & even when shining a bright light at the screen, there’s nothing on the panel. I guess it could be the inverter, but I haven’t seen any source for parts online yet. The seller (SoCube) has only been willing to repair the unit after I pay to ship it back to them, they’ve been unwilling to consider a refund and there are two days left on the dispute through AliExpress, so I’m unsure how that’ll play out. I’m not keen on sending it back at my expense, getting what’s essentially a refurbished tablet back, and having paid considerably more than I otherwise would have. This feels like a very poor QA/QC job.

Bonnom
    Participant

Offer very good pictures and a comprehensive story in the dispute section.
    This helps greatly when a dispute escalates (to aliexpress itself).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar