Bluetooth Controller on Android Side

Bluetooth Controller on Android Side

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X16 Pro / X16 Power Forum Bluetooth Controller on Android Side

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

My other cheap android 4.4+ up to 5.1 devices will all connect and use a factory PS4 controller as an input device  (none are rooted).  My X16 Pro will connect and it does have the box checked for input device but it will not respond.  It will pair correctly, it does show its active but it does not respond in this version of Android.  Any help would be appreciated.   As well pugging in by USB it will prompt to use it with an app, but its no where near consistent, its like 1 out of 20 times.  I dont know why this is the only tablet that will not connect properly.

As a side note a ps3 controller will work with all my other devices as well using the OTG cable and USB (again not rooted).  The PS3 controller will also not respond on the X16 on the android side.

William
    Participant

Well no matter the solution, I decided to just root it. Ive only have the tablet 1 day and already rooted.  Used the Sixaxis app and it works like a charm now.

Used the root method in this forum, worked like a charm not a single hiccup.

HolloH
    Participant

Well no matter the solution, I decided to just root it[…] Used the root method in this forum

Can i ask you which method you precisely used?

life's an hologram of life's an hologram of life's an hologram of life's an hologram of life's an hologram of life's an hologram of life's an hologram of life.

William
    Participant

to root it?  I used the method used in the general forum.  Worked first time like a charm.   I booted the tablet into android a few times first to make sure it didnt wipe the windows side.  Im not sure it would have but Im a bit of a stickler.    It worked 100% without any hiccups at all.   When it restarts you will the Superuser icon, click on that and it will ask to update binaries and has 2 options.  I choose the the normal not advanced.  Gave me root rights without any guff.  This was on day 2 of me owning the tablet.

Heres the link http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/root-teclast-x16/#post-19357  <— that post I followed to the letter, worked first time without errors.  You install the driver on the laptop/desktop not the tablet.  The instructions of installing the driver and running the .exe are on a windows based PC.  The only thing you do to the tablet is debug mode, the restart and plug in the usb.

For the ps3/ps4 controller I bought the app sixaxis and it does the rest.   This lest me use my controllers on bluetooth, with no lag, remap able control’s, but you must have root access.   I can use it as a pointer/mouse as well to cycle through apps and pages on the android side.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/root-teclast-x16/#post-19357

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar