BMAX Y13 motherboard dead after one month

BMAX Y13 motherboard dead after one month

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion BMAX Y13 motherboard dead after one month

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Felix
    Participant

I bought a BMAX Y13, very satisfied with it, and ordered another one for a family member. Unfortunately, the second one broke after just one month. It is completely dead, no lights when charging, there’s no life in the thing, no physical damage whatsoever, the damn thing is still in the plastic even. The BMAX store on Aliexpress stopped responding after I asked them for the return address, so I hope I can get my money back through my credit card insurance. idk if anyone had some luck in getting warranty from them, they were helpful until it came to finalize the return ?

Since I have a second one, I tried swapping out the daughter board to see if it was the common problem with the power button, but that wasn’t the case either. I tried powering it on with the battery disconnected too, but to no avail as well. So pretty sure the motherboard is fucked, maybe it needs a reflow.

I’m really bummed because the first one works perfect and is a joy to use, but since they can apparently break completely out of no where, it’s impossible to recommend it.

Another thing, when I took it apart I noticed the wireless card only has one antenna, the second antenna connector is not even soldered on, no wonder the thing has terrible WiFi.

maybe you send it back to us and we resend a new one toyou is ok ?

it depends on the cost for shipping, where do I have to send it back to?
    19/09 10:10

ok, when you send it back plz write it as a broken ebok and write it as a 50$ vaule , thanks and use the post to send it back

where to send it back to?
    19/09 22:03

you are not send it back
    19/09 22:18

you said to me that I can send it back to be replaced
    21/09 08:40

yes , can send it back to us and we will send the new one to you
    21/09 08:56

how to proceed? where do I have to send it too? address?
    22/09 07:29

How to proceed?
    22/09 17:13

ok , tomorrow i will send the china address to yoi
    23/09 21:14

please send me the address
    25/09 05:16

hello?
    29/09 10:01

you said you would send me the address, could you please do so?

Aaron
    Participant

Does it feel hot when the charger is plugged in for a while? My BMAX Y13 also does not light up (no power LED, no charging LED), but I noticed it gets hot when plugged in. BMAX support is basically non-existent even when under warranty. They want me to ship it back (and forth) and settle any taxes at my cost and they won’t guarantee they will receive it.

With nothing more to lose, I was able to fix it with some [Google] research on “grounded laptop motherboard”, “laptop no power repair”, “laptop bad capacitor”. What I did is remove the motherboard and plug the charger on the bare motherboard and try to find the component that is heating up and check the nearby capacitors (very small brown/orange rectangular pieces) if anything looks broken. I found one as in the image attached – you can see that it looks different than adjacent capacitors. After removing the bad capacitor, the laptop came to life.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Harondo
    Participant

Hi Aaron

I congratulate you, it has been a good contribution.

The truth is that the feeling you get when you investigate a problem and solve it is great.

Now I find myself fighting with the BMAX Y13 Power – installing Big Sur macOS, so far I have, touchpad, better wifi stability, and that the keys are turned off when putting it in tablet mode, and logically debugging the kexts,… finally very funny & stressful 😀

Miguel
    Participant

Congratulations guys! Both of you’re awesome

Suddenly I also had problems with my BMAX Y13 and it stopped working, I’ll use the info you provided here to see if I can bring it to life again

Thank you very much!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar