BMAX Y13 power button broken

BMAX Y13 power button broken

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion BMAX Y13 power button broken

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Octavio
    Participant

Hi all.
    I buyed my BMAX Y13 from Banggood the past october 17th.
    Within a few weeks of use, when I tried to turn on the notebook, the power button was inserted into the chassis and it was impossible to turn the device on or off.
    I disassembled it and I could see that the small push button used for power off/on is very weak and the pusher had broken one of the thin plastic walls that can be seen in this video

Video 1

I went crazy looking for all the electronics stores I knew, trying to find a similar push button. I also looked at almost every Aliexpress store (allow me to exaggerate) but I didn’t find it.

I supose that the warranty cover this, but we can’t send the notebook by mail to China from Spain because isn’t possible send devices with battery. And via DHL is very, very expensive.

Finally I decided to sent one email at several emails address that appear in BMAX web explaining the problem.

After a few days I received an answer to my email informing me that BMAX would send me the complete board to be able to repair it
    Waiting for the board to arrive, I had to modify the power options so that the notebook never turned off, that it only went into suspension since to turn it on I had to disassemble it and manually access the button.
    For 3 weeks I worked that way, but one day it suddenly went out and I decided to make an emergency repair, a simple brico that I show in this video

Video 2

After a few days I received the board that BMAX sent and proceeded to replace the old one and the notebook looked like new.

Video 3

A partner in a telegram group has also had the same problem and BMAX has also sent him the badge.
    I think it’s a big design mistake but the help desk has been phenomenal.

In case someone suffers the breakage of the button, a few days ago I found it by chance on Aliexpress.
    I leave the link.

Link aliexpress

Octavio
    Participant

Video 1

Octavio
    Participant

Video 2

Octavio
    Participant

Video 3

David
    Participant

Yeez, I bought the BMAX Y13 three weeks ago from spanish amazon and I have exactly the same problem! Power button seems to be broken, it cant be pressed, and laptop is switching to sleep mode when I move or little shake with laptop. Sometimes when I want to turn it on, it immediately turns off as it thinks that the power button is still pressed.

Just contacted Bmax via Amazon, but this seems like a more common issue with y13.

Octavio
    Participant

The button is extremely small. 5 * 3 * 2mm and very weak.
    A strong pulsation causes it to break easily.
    I think that in an upcoming review of Y13 is one of the things you will have to review.
    And also the possibility of being able to alternate between “function keys” and “action keys”
    TS-A025 2*4

David
    Participant

This is crazy, I am seriously disappointed. After three to four weeks of using BMAX Y13, the power button is completely broken and now doesnt work at all. The laptop cant be turned on and is unusable. The BMAX support wont refund me, and I cant send the item back  to amazon as its past 30 days since order. They only tell me to send item back to their spanish address and they will send another bmax from china so I would wait few weeks for it. And honestly I dont even want that laptop anymore, especially not with this long wait. If they were able to send it to me in matter of days, then yes, but I cant wait for my working laptop 4 weeks. They dont understand it and declining refund request.

Not happy at all.

Overall good laptop but obviously poor quality of power button leaves everything behind. So easy to break it with normal using and then one day you are unable to start your laptop and thats it.

Hatrix
    Participant

I am here to just report that i don’t have this problem yet but i get afraid that one day i will have. I got a battery problem having less then specified on the website and they refund me some money but they couldn’t send a battery to replace it.

When i saw Chris review and the comments behind this laptop i went bananas and bought it, but ofc there isn’t a perfect device out there and Chris also warned about the finicky of the power button.

About the Function keys not being able to alternate with action keys which i also want specially for games i found a way to address it but it’s not perfect.

I use SharpKeys and currently this is my setup. Cant use f2(despite setting it up) f6 and f7 (cant find the correct mapkey) and f1 only works or some games but doesn’t work on windows. Also when you bind them, they also stop working as action keys.

https://prnt.sc/rdlknd

Octavio
    Participant

Hi, David, I found a seller in Aliexpress than shell the power button. <span style=”color: navy;”>
    https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3 … 6.39.fa2615faPTRMIk</span>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar