Boost your Hi12's speaker volume (In Windows)

Boost your Hi12's speaker volume (In Windows)

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Boost your Hi12's speaker volume (In Windows)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Okay I was a bit skeptic this would work, DFX Audio Enhancer. But it does. To boost the volume first, disable the internal equaliser setting in playback devices, sound properties. Download and install DX Audio Enhancer, free version works fine. But’s a bit annoying.Once installed you can use the sliders up to 5 on the free version and increase the equalizer and now my Hi12 is very loud for films or TV shows that have lower audio to start with.

Sadly it doesn’t fix the audio static present on my speakers or 3.5mm jack.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

You actually beat me to it Chris! I tried the exact same thing this weekend. It boosts the speakers quite a bit. People that need more volume should really try it, it works great. This actually works and you also get WAY better audio quality. (not the standard flat sound)

I love my Chuwi Hi12 by the way. I completely underestimated the Z8300…

Anonymous
    Inactive

you may try EqualizerAPO which is free / no ads etc and can do amazing things! For increasing the volume you need to add the following line to the configuration file (set the gain to what you like):

Preamp: +6 db

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

doc:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/Configuration%20reference/

Chris G
    Keymaster

@spreequalle Nice tip! Never knew of that one.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

you may try EqualizerAPO which is free / no ads etc and can do amazing things! For increasing the volume you need to add the following line to the configuration file (set the gain to what you like):

Preamp: +6 db

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

doc:
    https://sourceforge.net/p/equalizerapo/wiki/Configuration%20reference/

amazing result !! thank you …

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good to hear that it worked! I use it on my desktop to compensate for room resonances and speaker response of my hifi system

Robbie
    Participant

Firstly, great job with the site and the reviews Chris.

@spreequalle , Thanks for the info about Equalizer APO.

Using the Peace GUI for Equalizer APO (install in the config folder of Equalizer APO) gives a somewhat happy medium between Equalizer APO and DFX Audio Enhancer.

Personally I use a preamplification level of +2 and use a slightly levelled customized version of the built in ‘Classic’ Equalizer. I’m experiencing a huge boost to the sound quality from both the built in speakers and through headphones. Thanks.

Peace Equalizer APO Extension:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

Aaron
    Participant

I just installed the Equalizer APO and it turned the speakers freaking awesome!  The range on these speakers are amazing, I’m playing some Lindsey Stirling – Lord of the Rings Medley and wow, it just blows me away, these almost sound like my old HP Envy 17″ 3d Laptop I used to have with 4 speakers and a sub-woofer, now it’s no where near the bass range, but it’s a good clear sound, now I will test the headphones.

Update:

I just tested with some AKG Y55’s and these also sound great, nice and crisp with lots of bass.  So far I am not noticing any speaker hiss or anything static, I may have just been lucky and gotten a good one or the speakers are finally getting broken in.

Bill Christiansen
    Participant

I tried EqualizerAPO and at first I thought it had no effect but it was because I was using the default “Groove Music” player, then I tried while playing youtube through browser and there was a noticeable difference. I think Groove must block channeling through third party software.

Edit: Now switched to VLC media player and EqualizerAPO working great!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Works nice, but I see that I have much better sound when I using android, also no stutterin when i plug my earphons @android, windows got much lower sound quality hmmm

grumpy
    Participant

i tried Equalizer Apo, the sound now is much better, but i get a problem with netflix.

After i installed Apo, Netflix isn’t playing anymore. First I have to search at the registry

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio

and to delete the entry <span class=”MFR_UIREF”>”DisableProtectedAudioDG”</span>

After that i have to stop and start the audiorsv. Now the speakers volume ist low, like before installing Apo, but Netflix works.

Maybe someone had solved that problem?

Thanks

Shade
    Participant

I wasn’t willing to pay $30US for DFX Pro just to make the nag screens go away and EQ APO also killed my Netflix so I went looking for another option. Here’s what I found:

http://www.profoundsoundaudio.com/products.html

There is are lite ($2US) and full ($5US) versions. I tested and then bought the full version and it works fine with Netflix on my machine. I would assume the lite version works, as well, I’m just an audio professional so I wanted more knobs and sliders to fiddle with.

This makes me ~really~ happy with the audio on the Hi12. Its not just that I’m no longer distracted by the low quality stock sound… I’m actually enjoying the increased volume, bass, and increased stereo separation.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just found out…. To make equalizerAPO work with Store Apps one must disable ‘hardware acceleration’ in th advanced tab of the speaker settings! Strange, but then it works! Of course, ‘disable system effects’ in the ‘system effects’ tab must be unchecked as well.

grumpy
    Participant

Installed Apo again, disabled hardware accelaration and unchecked disable system effects of the speaker settings, and have the same problem again.

Now i have to try shade’s method.

Thx

Anonymous
    Inactive

Strange… I assume you have activated the device during equalizer app install in the config tool? I am running the fast ring Redstone build of windows and had I think 2 updates for the Intel driver. Maybe there is a difference? Also note that each big windows update, new build, seems to clear the registry entry fir eapo and one has to run the config tool again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar