[TUTORIAL] Booting Remix OS 3.0 on Chuwi Vi10 Pro

[TUTORIAL] Booting Remix OS 3.0 on Chuwi Vi10 Pro

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion [TUTORIAL] Booting Remix OS 3.0 on Chuwi Vi10 Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ZeroTheSavior
    Participant

Yes, it’s possible! But getting wifi and touchscreen support is another matter…

Prerequisites:

Step 1. flash Remix OS UEFI iso to USB stick. You will have to figure out how to do this on your own, but there’s many guides out there on how to flash an iso to USB.

Step 2. Shut off the tablet when it’s in Windows mode. Then hold Power + Vol Up until the Chuwi boot logo appears, then release Power but keep holding Volume Up. Navigate to Boot Manager, then select “EFI USB Device” (Your USB stick might be labeled differently). It might spit out an error here and say press any key to continue. Just ignore it and continue to the boot screen.

Step 3. Edit the boot flags of either the first and second option. Add acpi=off to the second line on the boot flag. Optionally, you can add DEBUG=1 and remove the quiet flag if you would like to see the progress of the boot. Then press F10 to boot.

Step 3.5. If you removed quiet and added DEBUG=1, type exit and press enter when it drops you to the shell to boot into Remix OS.

It will take about ~7 minutes to finish booting into Remix OS. However, the touchscreen and wifi will be nonfunctional. I’m not sure how to fix this, but you can always plug in a USB wifi dongle.

Phuturist
    Participant

Could you tell me what the serial number of your Vi10 Pro is with which BIOS and what version of Remix OS you have tested. I cant get this to work. It hangs during the boot process. I tried several install methods (USB / HDD / 32 bits / 64 bits) but it always hangs. I have waited for over an hour but there is no progress (I removed the quiet flag to be able to see the progress)

I’m testing with a Vi10 Pro 64G2210509#### and Remix OS 3.0.207.

—–

Nevermind, eventually got it to boot through USB. Guess I did something wromg the first time.

playmo
    Participant

the same for me, I’m testing on Hibook Pro but I have same issue: stop on boot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar